Nov 20, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
All right Caps fans, you’re angry, you’re swearing at your team, you’re upset with your defense but fear not, help is on the way.
Rookie defenseman Dmitry Orlov gets the call from the minor leagues to join the Capitals and try to provide something the Caps defense has been missing of late. The Caps have been busy standing around and not keeping up with opposing forwards of late, but with Orlov in the mix now, perhaps they’ll have at least one guy that won’t be caught flat-footed more often than not.
Orlov likely will get a starting spot over Jeff Schultz as he’s looked especially poor of late with Mike Green out of the lineup due to injury. Orlov is not going to fix everything around, of course, but perhaps he’ll play well enough to provide a spark to this listless lineup.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)