Nov 20, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
All right Caps fans, you’re angry, you’re swearing at your team, you’re upset with your defense but fear not, help is on the way.
Rookie defenseman Dmitry Orlov gets the call from the minor leagues to join the Capitals and try to provide something the Caps defense has been missing of late. The Caps have been busy standing around and not keeping up with opposing forwards of late, but with Orlov in the mix now, perhaps they’ll have at least one guy that won’t be caught flat-footed more often than not.
Orlov likely will get a starting spot over Jeff Schultz as he’s looked especially poor of late with Mike Green out of the lineup due to injury. Orlov is not going to fix everything around, of course, but perhaps he’ll play well enough to provide a spark to this listless lineup.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 10
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)