Nov 20, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
All right Caps fans, you’re angry, you’re swearing at your team, you’re upset with your defense but fear not, help is on the way.
Rookie defenseman Dmitry Orlov gets the call from the minor leagues to join the Capitals and try to provide something the Caps defense has been missing of late. The Caps have been busy standing around and not keeping up with opposing forwards of late, but with Orlov in the mix now, perhaps they’ll have at least one guy that won’t be caught flat-footed more often than not.
Orlov likely will get a starting spot over Jeff Schultz as he’s looked especially poor of late with Mike Green out of the lineup due to injury. Orlov is not going to fix everything around, of course, but perhaps he’ll play well enough to provide a spark to this listless lineup.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)