Nov 20, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
All right Caps fans, you’re angry, you’re swearing at your team, you’re upset with your defense but fear not, help is on the way.
Rookie defenseman Dmitry Orlov gets the call from the minor leagues to join the Capitals and try to provide something the Caps defense has been missing of late. The Caps have been busy standing around and not keeping up with opposing forwards of late, but with Orlov in the mix now, perhaps they’ll have at least one guy that won’t be caught flat-footed more often than not.
Orlov likely will get a starting spot over Jeff Schultz as he’s looked especially poor of late with Mike Green out of the lineup due to injury. Orlov is not going to fix everything around, of course, but perhaps he’ll play well enough to provide a spark to this listless lineup.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22