Nov 20, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
All right Caps fans, you’re angry, you’re swearing at your team, you’re upset with your defense but fear not, help is on the way.
Rookie defenseman Dmitry Orlov gets the call from the minor leagues to join the Capitals and try to provide something the Caps defense has been missing of late. The Caps have been busy standing around and not keeping up with opposing forwards of late, but with Orlov in the mix now, perhaps they’ll have at least one guy that won’t be caught flat-footed more often than not.
Orlov likely will get a starting spot over Jeff Schultz as he’s looked especially poor of late with Mike Green out of the lineup due to injury. Orlov is not going to fix everything around, of course, but perhaps he’ll play well enough to provide a spark to this listless lineup.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)