Nov 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
This time it’s really him. Leafs general manager Brian Burke is officially on Twitter.
So far Burke’s only tweeted twice. Let’s see what he’s had to say:
Hmmm…. hopefully it gets more entertaining than that. Might I suggest something like, “Walking over to Ron Wilson’s office. Maybe I’ll fire him. #onlyjoking #orami?”
That’s retweet city right there.
Of course, it wasn’t so long ago that Burke didn’t think too highly of the social-media phenomenon. In fact, he even had his lawyer try to stop a fake Twitter account in his name.
“If someone’s going to try and impersonate Brian Burke, I’m going to sue his ass,” Burke told the Toronto Star in March of 2009.
Sadly, Burke v. Down Goes Brown never came to fruition. We’d have liked to see that one play out in the courtroom.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 15
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 11
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 25
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 20
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 71
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 101
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement