Nov 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EST
This time it’s really him. Leafs general manager Brian Burke is officially on Twitter.
So far Burke’s only tweeted twice. Let’s see what he’s had to say:
Hmmm…. hopefully it gets more entertaining than that. Might I suggest something like, “Walking over to Ron Wilson’s office. Maybe I’ll fire him. #onlyjoking #orami?”
That’s retweet city right there.
Of course, it wasn’t so long ago that Burke didn’t think too highly of the social-media phenomenon. In fact, he even had his lawyer try to stop a fake Twitter account in his name.
“If someone’s going to try and impersonate Brian Burke, I’m going to sue his ass,” Burke told the Toronto Star in March of 2009.
Sadly, Burke v. Down Goes Brown never came to fruition. We’d have liked to see that one play out in the courtroom.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 16
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)