Nov 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
This time it’s really him. Leafs general manager Brian Burke is officially on Twitter.
So far Burke’s only tweeted twice. Let’s see what he’s had to say:
Hmmm…. hopefully it gets more entertaining than that. Might I suggest something like, “Walking over to Ron Wilson’s office. Maybe I’ll fire him. #onlyjoking #orami?”
That’s retweet city right there.
Of course, it wasn’t so long ago that Burke didn’t think too highly of the social-media phenomenon. In fact, he even had his lawyer try to stop a fake Twitter account in his name.
“If someone’s going to try and impersonate Brian Burke, I’m going to sue his ass,” Burke told the Toronto Star in March of 2009.
Sadly, Burke v. Down Goes Brown never came to fruition. We’d have liked to see that one play out in the courtroom.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5