Nov 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
This time it’s really him. Leafs general manager Brian Burke is officially on Twitter.
So far Burke’s only tweeted twice. Let’s see what he’s had to say:
Hmmm…. hopefully it gets more entertaining than that. Might I suggest something like, “Walking over to Ron Wilson’s office. Maybe I’ll fire him. #onlyjoking #orami?”
That’s retweet city right there.
Of course, it wasn’t so long ago that Burke didn’t think too highly of the social-media phenomenon. In fact, he even had his lawyer try to stop a fake Twitter account in his name.
“If someone’s going to try and impersonate Brian Burke, I’m going to sue his ass,” Burke told the Toronto Star in March of 2009.
Sadly, Burke v. Down Goes Brown never came to fruition. We’d have liked to see that one play out in the courtroom.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)