Nov 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
This time it’s really him. Leafs general manager Brian Burke is officially on Twitter.
So far Burke’s only tweeted twice. Let’s see what he’s had to say:
Hmmm…. hopefully it gets more entertaining than that. Might I suggest something like, “Walking over to Ron Wilson’s office. Maybe I’ll fire him. #onlyjoking #orami?”
That’s retweet city right there.
Of course, it wasn’t so long ago that Burke didn’t think too highly of the social-media phenomenon. In fact, he even had his lawyer try to stop a fake Twitter account in his name.
“If someone’s going to try and impersonate Brian Burke, I’m going to sue his ass,” Burke told the Toronto Star in March of 2009.
Sadly, Burke v. Down Goes Brown never came to fruition. We’d have liked to see that one play out in the courtroom.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)