Nov 19, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Whoops, I guess I should clarify he was killing Winnipeggers with kindness. Not knives or anything. And nobody was actually killed.
According to the Winnipeg Free Press, Bryzgalov spied a young Jets fan with a “Boo Bryzgalov” sign and, in response, gave the kid a goalie stick.
For eight-year old Donavan Collier, it offered an important lesson – if you make a sign ripping professional athletes, you’ll get cool stuff.
“I made the sign because he said we have no parks and we have terrible winters. I think it was very nice of him to give me his stick,” Collier said.
Image courtesy Winnipeg Free Press
Update: Here’s video of the exchange.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)