Nov 19, 2011, 5:08 PM EST
Whoops, I guess I should clarify he was killing Winnipeggers with kindness. Not knives or anything. And nobody was actually killed.
According to the Winnipeg Free Press, Bryzgalov spied a young Jets fan with a “Boo Bryzgalov” sign and, in response, gave the kid a goalie stick.
For eight-year old Donavan Collier, it offered an important lesson – if you make a sign ripping professional athletes, you’ll get cool stuff.
“I made the sign because he said we have no parks and we have terrible winters. I think it was very nice of him to give me his stick,” Collier said.
Image courtesy Winnipeg Free Press
Update: Here’s video of the exchange.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 13
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 14
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)