Nov 19, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Whoops, I guess I should clarify he was killing Winnipeggers with kindness. Not knives or anything. And nobody was actually killed.
According to the Winnipeg Free Press, Bryzgalov spied a young Jets fan with a “Boo Bryzgalov” sign and, in response, gave the kid a goalie stick.
For eight-year old Donavan Collier, it offered an important lesson – if you make a sign ripping professional athletes, you’ll get cool stuff.
“I made the sign because he said we have no parks and we have terrible winters. I think it was very nice of him to give me his stick,” Collier said.
Image courtesy Winnipeg Free Press
Update: Here’s video of the exchange.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39