Nov 19, 2011, 5:08 PM EST
Whoops, I guess I should clarify he was killing Winnipeggers with kindness. Not knives or anything. And nobody was actually killed.
According to the Winnipeg Free Press, Bryzgalov spied a young Jets fan with a “Boo Bryzgalov” sign and, in response, gave the kid a goalie stick.
For eight-year old Donavan Collier, it offered an important lesson – if you make a sign ripping professional athletes, you’ll get cool stuff.
“I made the sign because he said we have no parks and we have terrible winters. I think it was very nice of him to give me his stick,” Collier said.
Image courtesy Winnipeg Free Press
Update: Here’s video of the exchange.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)