Nov 19, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin played hockey Friday evening in Moscow, adding yet another edgy activity to a resume that already includes judo, motorcycle riding and shooting darts at whales.
Here’s ITN’s report on Putin’s skate with CSKA Moscow:
As you can see, Putin isn’t the greatest hockey player, but he sure finds himself wide open in front of the net a lot. Can’t believe nobody took the lumber to him.
Putin was also successful in his attempt to convince Rosneft, Russia’s biggest oil firm, to take over CSKA.
“We started looking around, brought in our energy firms, agreed with Rosneft that they must, no, may support the ice hockey club,” Putin said, as reported by Reuters.
Notice how he checked himself there? “Rosneft must give money to CSKA. Sorry, not must. May.”
“Ah, who’s kidding who? They must.”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 54
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 22
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming