Nov 19, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
Coach Kevin Dineen says Clemmensen, who had knee surgery during the preseason, is being held out with “soreness.”
“It’s just a chance for us to keep making sure that I’ve got guys feeling 100 percent,” Dineen said, as per NHL.com. “If it was later in the season, our decision-making would be different than it is. I was going to go back with Theo tonight and felt that the extra day or two off the ice would benefit [Clemmensen] more than having him out there practicing today and backing up tonight.”
Fair enough, coach.
Wait, you sure it has nothing to do with Clemmensen being traded? Possibly to Toronto?
That’s what the Sun Sentinel is wondering.
Clemmensen, 34, is a prime trade candidate. He’s cheap ($1.2 million cap hit); his contract expires at the end of the season; and based on Tuesday’s shutout versus the Dallas Stars, he can still get the job done.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 7
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 17
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)