Nov 18, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
Judging by his reaction, Smith wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there until 2029, but wasn’t afforded that luxury by the Leafs TV camera crew (or Joe Bowen’s maniacal cackling…or Greg Millen’s incredulous reaction.)
Another guy not letting Smith off the hook? Preds head coach Barry Trotz.
Here’s Trotz addressing the media following the 4-1 win:
I can’t even imagine how big the daggers Trotz stared into Smith’s soul were. Trotz has spent 13 years building the Predators into a lunchpail, bologna sandwich organization…only to watch the hotshot new employee go all Grey Poupon.
The Tennessean notes Smith was not made available for comment after the game, but teammate Pekka Rinne took the opportunity to share his thoughts.
“Obviously, you can laugh about it now, but it’s something that, you can’t do,” Rinne said while chuckling. “It’s a good lesson for him, and he’s a young guy. I was just laughing, I couldn’t believe it, but at the same time if it would have been a 2-1 game still, I would have been mad.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7