Nov 18, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
Judging by his reaction, Smith wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there until 2029, but wasn’t afforded that luxury by the Leafs TV camera crew (or Joe Bowen’s maniacal cackling…or Greg Millen’s incredulous reaction.)
Another guy not letting Smith off the hook? Preds head coach Barry Trotz.
Here’s Trotz addressing the media following the 4-1 win:
I can’t even imagine how big the daggers Trotz stared into Smith’s soul were. Trotz has spent 13 years building the Predators into a lunchpail, bologna sandwich organization…only to watch the hotshot new employee go all Grey Poupon.
The Tennessean notes Smith was not made available for comment after the game, but teammate Pekka Rinne took the opportunity to share his thoughts.
“Obviously, you can laugh about it now, but it’s something that, you can’t do,” Rinne said while chuckling. “It’s a good lesson for him, and he’s a young guy. I was just laughing, I couldn’t believe it, but at the same time if it would have been a 2-1 game still, I would have been mad.”
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)