Nov 18, 2011, 8:01 AM EDT
Flyers fans held their breath a bit last night when Jaromir Jagr left last night’s game in the first period with what was called a “lower body” injury. After all, when a guy at Jagr’s age plays less than two minutes and leaves with an injury, that’s rough.
According to sources close to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, however, they find out that Jagr is dealing with a groin injury.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is feeling upbeat about Jagr’s ailment, however.
“I just talked to Jaromir. He thinks within in a couple days he should be better. Hopefully, we get him back on Monday.”
Groin injuries are tricky because they can keep a guy on the shelf for a bit while it heals the right way and with all the power skating guys do these days, it’s easy to reignite an injury like that. They’ll need to be a bit more careful with Jagr though, at 39 years-old it doesn’t take much to tweak things again.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 1
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)