Nov 18, 2011, 8:01 AM EST
Flyers fans held their breath a bit last night when Jaromir Jagr left last night’s game in the first period with what was called a “lower body” injury. After all, when a guy at Jagr’s age plays less than two minutes and leaves with an injury, that’s rough.
According to sources close to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, however, they find out that Jagr is dealing with a groin injury.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is feeling upbeat about Jagr’s ailment, however.
“I just talked to Jaromir. He thinks within in a couple days he should be better. Hopefully, we get him back on Monday.”
Groin injuries are tricky because they can keep a guy on the shelf for a bit while it heals the right way and with all the power skating guys do these days, it’s easy to reignite an injury like that. They’ll need to be a bit more careful with Jagr though, at 39 years-old it doesn’t take much to tweak things again.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 10
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 28
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 45
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)