Nov 18, 2011, 8:01 AM EDT
Flyers fans held their breath a bit last night when Jaromir Jagr left last night’s game in the first period with what was called a “lower body” injury. After all, when a guy at Jagr’s age plays less than two minutes and leaves with an injury, that’s rough.
According to sources close to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, however, they find out that Jagr is dealing with a groin injury.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is feeling upbeat about Jagr’s ailment, however.
“I just talked to Jaromir. He thinks within in a couple days he should be better. Hopefully, we get him back on Monday.”
Groin injuries are tricky because they can keep a guy on the shelf for a bit while it heals the right way and with all the power skating guys do these days, it’s easy to reignite an injury like that. They’ll need to be a bit more careful with Jagr though, at 39 years-old it doesn’t take much to tweak things again.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)