Nov 18, 2011, 8:01 AM EDT
Flyers fans held their breath a bit last night when Jaromir Jagr left last night’s game in the first period with what was called a “lower body” injury. After all, when a guy at Jagr’s age plays less than two minutes and leaves with an injury, that’s rough.
According to sources close to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, however, they find out that Jagr is dealing with a groin injury.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is feeling upbeat about Jagr’s ailment, however.
“I just talked to Jaromir. He thinks within in a couple days he should be better. Hopefully, we get him back on Monday.”
Groin injuries are tricky because they can keep a guy on the shelf for a bit while it heals the right way and with all the power skating guys do these days, it’s easy to reignite an injury like that. They’ll need to be a bit more careful with Jagr though, at 39 years-old it doesn’t take much to tweak things again.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15