Nov 18, 2011, 8:01 AM EDT
Flyers fans held their breath a bit last night when Jaromir Jagr left last night’s game in the first period with what was called a “lower body” injury. After all, when a guy at Jagr’s age plays less than two minutes and leaves with an injury, that’s rough.
According to sources close to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, however, they find out that Jagr is dealing with a groin injury.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is feeling upbeat about Jagr’s ailment, however.
“I just talked to Jaromir. He thinks within in a couple days he should be better. Hopefully, we get him back on Monday.”
Groin injuries are tricky because they can keep a guy on the shelf for a bit while it heals the right way and with all the power skating guys do these days, it’s easy to reignite an injury like that. They’ll need to be a bit more careful with Jagr though, at 39 years-old it doesn’t take much to tweak things again.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)