Nov 18, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
Today, Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov once again stole a media scrum, this time by trying make amends with the city of Winnipeg.
With the Flyers set to face the Jets Saturday at the MTS Center, Bryz apologized for saying The Peg was cold and lacked parks, Russian people and family entertainment during his time as a Phoenix Coyote.
“You know, let’s make this straight once and for and all,” Bryzgalov told Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press. “We were losing, I was disappointed, first of all. And second of all I didn’t want to move anywhere.
“I’m pretty sure good people, beautiful people, live in Winnipeg. I’m pretty sure there are passionate fans. I didn’t mean it and I didn’t want to offend anybody. Sincerely, I apologize if I offended anybody and fans in Canada and Winnipeg. I didn’t mean it.”
Wonder if this apology is Bryz trying to fix his karma. The last time Winnipeg and Philadelphia met, he surrendered four goals on 10 shots in a wild 9-8 loss, leading to his infamous “I’m lost in the woods right now” soundbyte.
That said, Bryz has been pretty complimentary of late. He was gushing about the Phoenix Coyotes prior to last night’s 2-1 win and even after learning Derek Morris and Adrian Aucoin took shots at him, he was still upbeat:
“I didn’t hear what they said first of all. Second of all, I don’t know how to say this, you can’t be nice to the whole world; some people hate you, some people like you, some people love, some people it’s just normal. It’s just life. I hope they continue to play well.”
Never change, Bryz. Never change.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 14
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 48
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)