Nov 18, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
Today, Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov once again stole a media scrum, this time by trying make amends with the city of Winnipeg.
With the Flyers set to face the Jets Saturday at the MTS Center, Bryz apologized for saying The Peg was cold and lacked parks, Russian people and family entertainment during his time as a Phoenix Coyote.
“You know, let’s make this straight once and for and all,” Bryzgalov told Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press. “We were losing, I was disappointed, first of all. And second of all I didn’t want to move anywhere.
“I’m pretty sure good people, beautiful people, live in Winnipeg. I’m pretty sure there are passionate fans. I didn’t mean it and I didn’t want to offend anybody. Sincerely, I apologize if I offended anybody and fans in Canada and Winnipeg. I didn’t mean it.”
Wonder if this apology is Bryz trying to fix his karma. The last time Winnipeg and Philadelphia met, he surrendered four goals on 10 shots in a wild 9-8 loss, leading to his infamous “I’m lost in the woods right now” soundbyte.
That said, Bryz has been pretty complimentary of late. He was gushing about the Phoenix Coyotes prior to last night’s 2-1 win and even after learning Derek Morris and Adrian Aucoin took shots at him, he was still upbeat:
“I didn’t hear what they said first of all. Second of all, I don’t know how to say this, you can’t be nice to the whole world; some people hate you, some people like you, some people love, some people it’s just normal. It’s just life. I hope they continue to play well.”
Never change, Bryz. Never change.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 0
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 9
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33