Nov 18, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov is a better man than I am. After hearing about how his former Phoenix teammates Derek Morris and Adrian Aucoin ripped Bryzgalov for how he played when he was a Coyote saying he was known for letting in bad goals, Bryzgalov went out and stoned the Coyotes en route to a 2-1 Flyers win.
Afterwards, Bryzgalov spoke a little about those comments and came away looking like a guy hurt by the barbs of guys he helped make the playoffs repeatedly while manning the nets in Phoenix. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio gets the sad and respectful take from Bryzgalov.
“No, I didn’t hear what they said first of all. Second of all, I don’t know how to say this, you can’t be nice to the whole world; some people hate you, some people like you, some people love, some people it’s just normal. It’s just life. I hope they continue to play well.”
I don’t know about you but I’d love for Bryzgalov to write a book on philosophy with his take on situations in life. “The Tao Of Bryz” has a ring to it. It’d be something like what Bill and Ted came up with when they said, “Be excellent to each other.”
On the serious side, give credit to Bryzgalov for taking the very high road here. It would’ve been easy for him to take pot shots back at Aucoin and Morris especially in the afterglow of a victory, but he kept it cool and just did his own thing. In an era where trash talk is easy to come by, Bryz was the gentleman and let his play do the talking. Good on him.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)