Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
We’re having a lot of fun at the expense of the Islanders and their new third jerseys and, hey, why not? This is the team that brought us the Fisherman sweaters as well as the orange prison jumpsuit/HAZMAT sweaters (thanks to Seth Rorabaugh of Empty Netters for the latter description) and now they’ve unleashed a new abomination upon the NHL world.
What’s better than us picking on it? Watching guys like Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo grin and bear it and try to sell us on how much they like it. Standing up for your team comes with a price sometimes and sometimes you have to just wear the latest ugly thing imaginable and say you love it. Enjoy.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32