Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
We’re having a lot of fun at the expense of the Islanders and their new third jerseys and, hey, why not? This is the team that brought us the Fisherman sweaters as well as the orange prison jumpsuit/HAZMAT sweaters (thanks to Seth Rorabaugh of Empty Netters for the latter description) and now they’ve unleashed a new abomination upon the NHL world.
What’s better than us picking on it? Watching guys like Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo grin and bear it and try to sell us on how much they like it. Standing up for your team comes with a price sometimes and sometimes you have to just wear the latest ugly thing imaginable and say you love it. Enjoy.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5