Nov 17, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
“After carefully examining all the information provided in this affair, the (office) is not reasonably convinced it could establish evidence of guilt,” the provincial prosecutors’ office said, as reported by the Canadian Press.
I have to say, this is disappointing news. Not because Chara should be charged – that would be pure idiocy. But it would be a fun trial. Especially if they brought Chara out in shackles.
Also, if it was a jury trial.
“We’ve made our decision, your honor.”
“But the trial hasn’t even started.”
“Yeah, he’s guilty of murder.”
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 42
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 31
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)