Nov 17, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
“After carefully examining all the information provided in this affair, the (office) is not reasonably convinced it could establish evidence of guilt,” the provincial prosecutors’ office said, as reported by the Canadian Press.
I have to say, this is disappointing news. Not because Chara should be charged – that would be pure idiocy. But it would be a fun trial. Especially if they brought Chara out in shackles.
Also, if it was a jury trial.
“We’ve made our decision, your honor.”
“But the trial hasn’t even started.”
“Yeah, he’s guilty of murder.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 40
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 89
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 101
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (101)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (101)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)