Nov 17, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
“After carefully examining all the information provided in this affair, the (office) is not reasonably convinced it could establish evidence of guilt,” the provincial prosecutors’ office said, as reported by the Canadian Press.
I have to say, this is disappointing news. Not because Chara should be charged – that would be pure idiocy. But it would be a fun trial. Especially if they brought Chara out in shackles.
Also, if it was a jury trial.
“We’ve made our decision, your honor.”
“But the trial hasn’t even started.”
“Yeah, he’s guilty of murder.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21