Nov 17, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Remember in the offseason when Jeff Carter was so upset that he was traded from Philadelphia to Columbus? Unfortunately for the Blue Jackets, there are rumors (including a report from RDS.ca) that he’s still not happy and would like to be moved.
We don’t usually report on rumors, but these have reached the point that Renaud Lavoie of RDS actually asked Rick Curran (Carter’s agent) if he has requested a trade. The response was predictable: he has not asked for a trade. After all, that might look bad since he’s only played in seven games for his new team. Somewhere Kim Kardashian is saying, “you have to give it some time Jeff.”
There’s no question that it’s been a rough start for the Blue Jackets and Jeff Carter is no different. He’s only played in seven games so far this season because of a hairline fracture in his right foot. Over the course of those seven games, he’s still looking for his first goal for his new team and has only put up three assists while playing alongside superstar captain Rick Nash.
It doesn’t help that the Jackets have gotten off to their worst start in franchise history despite all of the hope surrounding the team this offseason. It’s one of those situations in Columbus where anything that can go worth, will go wrong. This news couldn’t come at a worse time while they try to figure out what’s wrong with the team and desperately search for a few wins.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on the story. Right now there’s only smoke; but when there’s this much smoke, there’s probably a fire around.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 20
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 25
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)