Nov 17, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Remember in the offseason when Jeff Carter was so upset that he was traded from Philadelphia to Columbus? Unfortunately for the Blue Jackets, there are rumors (including a report from RDS.ca) that he’s still not happy and would like to be moved.
We don’t usually report on rumors, but these have reached the point that Renaud Lavoie of RDS actually asked Rick Curran (Carter’s agent) if he has requested a trade. The response was predictable: he has not asked for a trade. After all, that might look bad since he’s only played in seven games for his new team. Somewhere Kim Kardashian is saying, “you have to give it some time Jeff.”
There’s no question that it’s been a rough start for the Blue Jackets and Jeff Carter is no different. He’s only played in seven games so far this season because of a hairline fracture in his right foot. Over the course of those seven games, he’s still looking for his first goal for his new team and has only put up three assists while playing alongside superstar captain Rick Nash.
It doesn’t help that the Jackets have gotten off to their worst start in franchise history despite all of the hope surrounding the team this offseason. It’s one of those situations in Columbus where anything that can go worth, will go wrong. This news couldn’t come at a worse time while they try to figure out what’s wrong with the team and desperately search for a few wins.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on the story. Right now there’s only smoke; but when there’s this much smoke, there’s probably a fire around.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)