Nov 17, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Remember in the offseason when Jeff Carter was so upset that he was traded from Philadelphia to Columbus? Unfortunately for the Blue Jackets, there are rumors (including a report from RDS.ca) that he’s still not happy and would like to be moved.
We don’t usually report on rumors, but these have reached the point that Renaud Lavoie of RDS actually asked Rick Curran (Carter’s agent) if he has requested a trade. The response was predictable: he has not asked for a trade. After all, that might look bad since he’s only played in seven games for his new team. Somewhere Kim Kardashian is saying, “you have to give it some time Jeff.”
There’s no question that it’s been a rough start for the Blue Jackets and Jeff Carter is no different. He’s only played in seven games so far this season because of a hairline fracture in his right foot. Over the course of those seven games, he’s still looking for his first goal for his new team and has only put up three assists while playing alongside superstar captain Rick Nash.
It doesn’t help that the Jackets have gotten off to their worst start in franchise history despite all of the hope surrounding the team this offseason. It’s one of those situations in Columbus where anything that can go worth, will go wrong. This news couldn’t come at a worse time while they try to figure out what’s wrong with the team and desperately search for a few wins.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on the story. Right now there’s only smoke; but when there’s this much smoke, there’s probably a fire around.
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 32
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 14
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 14
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)