Nov 17, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Remember in the offseason when Jeff Carter was so upset that he was traded from Philadelphia to Columbus? Unfortunately for the Blue Jackets, there are rumors (including a report from RDS.ca) that he’s still not happy and would like to be moved.
We don’t usually report on rumors, but these have reached the point that Renaud Lavoie of RDS actually asked Rick Curran (Carter’s agent) if he has requested a trade. The response was predictable: he has not asked for a trade. After all, that might look bad since he’s only played in seven games for his new team. Somewhere Kim Kardashian is saying, “you have to give it some time Jeff.”
There’s no question that it’s been a rough start for the Blue Jackets and Jeff Carter is no different. He’s only played in seven games so far this season because of a hairline fracture in his right foot. Over the course of those seven games, he’s still looking for his first goal for his new team and has only put up three assists while playing alongside superstar captain Rick Nash.
It doesn’t help that the Jackets have gotten off to their worst start in franchise history despite all of the hope surrounding the team this offseason. It’s one of those situations in Columbus where anything that can go worth, will go wrong. This news couldn’t come at a worse time while they try to figure out what’s wrong with the team and desperately search for a few wins.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on the story. Right now there’s only smoke; but when there’s this much smoke, there’s probably a fire around.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)