Nov 17, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
Remember in the offseason when Jeff Carter was so upset that he was traded from Philadelphia to Columbus? Unfortunately for the Blue Jackets, there are rumors (including a report from RDS.ca) that he’s still not happy and would like to be moved.
We don’t usually report on rumors, but these have reached the point that Renaud Lavoie of RDS actually asked Rick Curran (Carter’s agent) if he has requested a trade. The response was predictable: he has not asked for a trade. After all, that might look bad since he’s only played in seven games for his new team. Somewhere Kim Kardashian is saying, “you have to give it some time Jeff.”
There’s no question that it’s been a rough start for the Blue Jackets and Jeff Carter is no different. He’s only played in seven games so far this season because of a hairline fracture in his right foot. Over the course of those seven games, he’s still looking for his first goal for his new team and has only put up three assists while playing alongside superstar captain Rick Nash.
It doesn’t help that the Jackets have gotten off to their worst start in franchise history despite all of the hope surrounding the team this offseason. It’s one of those situations in Columbus where anything that can go worth, will go wrong. This news couldn’t come at a worse time while they try to figure out what’s wrong with the team and desperately search for a few wins.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on the story. Right now there’s only smoke; but when there’s this much smoke, there’s probably a fire around.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)