Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
While we put the call out earlier today that change is coming in Carolina because it has to to help right the ship there, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says that everyone is safe from a big move happening today.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer shares Rutherford’s thoughts on matters in the wake of Carolina’s gutless 4-0 loss to Montreal last night. Rutherford’s wheels are turning though and another bad loss, say Friday night against Buffalo, could get the ball rolling for change.
“That was a very bad game,” Rutherford said. “I am looking at everything (but) no decisions have been made. I have a lot of ideas in my head but I have not come to any conclusions yet.”
If you’re coach Paul Maurice perhaps you’re sleeping a bit lighter given how the team is performing and what Rutherford is saying. While Rutherford has said in the past that changing the coach isn’t the likely move, that was a lot of losses ago and things can change fast. Even Rutherford has a lot of questions to answer for how the team is doing. He’s the guy that signed the unimpressive Tomas Kaberle to a three-year deal after all.
Something’s got to give in Carolina — it’s just a question of who’s going to be leaving town to make it happen.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (150)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)