Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
While we put the call out earlier today that change is coming in Carolina because it has to to help right the ship there, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says that everyone is safe from a big move happening today.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer shares Rutherford’s thoughts on matters in the wake of Carolina’s gutless 4-0 loss to Montreal last night. Rutherford’s wheels are turning though and another bad loss, say Friday night against Buffalo, could get the ball rolling for change.
“That was a very bad game,” Rutherford said. “I am looking at everything (but) no decisions have been made. I have a lot of ideas in my head but I have not come to any conclusions yet.”
If you’re coach Paul Maurice perhaps you’re sleeping a bit lighter given how the team is performing and what Rutherford is saying. While Rutherford has said in the past that changing the coach isn’t the likely move, that was a lot of losses ago and things can change fast. Even Rutherford has a lot of questions to answer for how the team is doing. He’s the guy that signed the unimpressive Tomas Kaberle to a three-year deal after all.
Something’s got to give in Carolina — it’s just a question of who’s going to be leaving town to make it happen.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)