Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
While we put the call out earlier today that change is coming in Carolina because it has to to help right the ship there, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says that everyone is safe from a big move happening today.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer shares Rutherford’s thoughts on matters in the wake of Carolina’s gutless 4-0 loss to Montreal last night. Rutherford’s wheels are turning though and another bad loss, say Friday night against Buffalo, could get the ball rolling for change.
“That was a very bad game,” Rutherford said. “I am looking at everything (but) no decisions have been made. I have a lot of ideas in my head but I have not come to any conclusions yet.”
If you’re coach Paul Maurice perhaps you’re sleeping a bit lighter given how the team is performing and what Rutherford is saying. While Rutherford has said in the past that changing the coach isn’t the likely move, that was a lot of losses ago and things can change fast. Even Rutherford has a lot of questions to answer for how the team is doing. He’s the guy that signed the unimpressive Tomas Kaberle to a three-year deal after all.
Something’s got to give in Carolina — it’s just a question of who’s going to be leaving town to make it happen.
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 2
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 60
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 91
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games