Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
While we put the call out earlier today that change is coming in Carolina because it has to to help right the ship there, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says that everyone is safe from a big move happening today.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer shares Rutherford’s thoughts on matters in the wake of Carolina’s gutless 4-0 loss to Montreal last night. Rutherford’s wheels are turning though and another bad loss, say Friday night against Buffalo, could get the ball rolling for change.
“That was a very bad game,” Rutherford said. “I am looking at everything (but) no decisions have been made. I have a lot of ideas in my head but I have not come to any conclusions yet.”
If you’re coach Paul Maurice perhaps you’re sleeping a bit lighter given how the team is performing and what Rutherford is saying. While Rutherford has said in the past that changing the coach isn’t the likely move, that was a lot of losses ago and things can change fast. Even Rutherford has a lot of questions to answer for how the team is doing. He’s the guy that signed the unimpressive Tomas Kaberle to a three-year deal after all.
Something’s got to give in Carolina — it’s just a question of who’s going to be leaving town to make it happen.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9