Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
While we put the call out earlier today that change is coming in Carolina because it has to to help right the ship there, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says that everyone is safe from a big move happening today.
Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer shares Rutherford’s thoughts on matters in the wake of Carolina’s gutless 4-0 loss to Montreal last night. Rutherford’s wheels are turning though and another bad loss, say Friday night against Buffalo, could get the ball rolling for change.
“That was a very bad game,” Rutherford said. “I am looking at everything (but) no decisions have been made. I have a lot of ideas in my head but I have not come to any conclusions yet.”
If you’re coach Paul Maurice perhaps you’re sleeping a bit lighter given how the team is performing and what Rutherford is saying. While Rutherford has said in the past that changing the coach isn’t the likely move, that was a lot of losses ago and things can change fast. Even Rutherford has a lot of questions to answer for how the team is doing. He’s the guy that signed the unimpressive Tomas Kaberle to a three-year deal after all.
Something’s got to give in Carolina — it’s just a question of who’s going to be leaving town to make it happen.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)