Nov 17, 2011, 8:18 AM EDT
While the Rangers are riding high on a seven-game win streak, the good news continues in respect to injured defenseman Marc Staal.
New York Post beat man Larry Brooks reports that Staal has been cleared to resume light workouts after being totally shut down for over a month with concussion-like symptoms. Staal hasn’t played at all this season for the Rangers and they’ve been piecing things together on the blue line in trying to make up for his absence.
With guys like Jeff Woywitka and Anton Stralman brought in to help solidify the Rangers’ depth and make sure they don’t miss Staal too much while he battles back, the Rangers have been able to hold strong. That won’t last forever though and getting Staal back will make the Rangers better in the long run.
Staal won’t be worth anything to them if he rushes back and continues to have problems. For now, this is a great progressive step for Staal in getting back and like we’ve seen with Sidney Crosby and David Perron, making progress is the key and avoiding setbacks is mandatory for getting back sooner than not.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)