Nov 16, 2011, 1:08 AM EDT
It’s easy for a team to take their time with their superstar captain when things are going well. For the Penguins, things are going well—very well. Pittsburgh scored five unanswered goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night to win 6-3 and take the lead in the Eastern Conference. Aren’t the Penguins supposed to have a hard time winning without Crosby in the lineup? Aren’t the supposed to have a hard time scoring?
Then what are they doing exploding for four goals in the third period?
Judging by Tuesday night’s game, it doesn’t look like they have any problems on any fronts. It must be nice to have guys like Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, and Kris Letang as backup plans as the team looks for goals over the first two months of the season. Looks like they have plenty of skill:
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 41
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 4
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination