Nov 16, 2011, 1:08 AM EDT
It’s easy for a team to take their time with their superstar captain when things are going well. For the Penguins, things are going well—very well. Pittsburgh scored five unanswered goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night to win 6-3 and take the lead in the Eastern Conference. Aren’t the Penguins supposed to have a hard time winning without Crosby in the lineup? Aren’t the supposed to have a hard time scoring?
Then what are they doing exploding for four goals in the third period?
Judging by Tuesday night’s game, it doesn’t look like they have any problems on any fronts. It must be nice to have guys like Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, and Kris Letang as backup plans as the team looks for goals over the first two months of the season. Looks like they have plenty of skill:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22