Nov 16, 2011, 1:08 AM EDT
It’s easy for a team to take their time with their superstar captain when things are going well. For the Penguins, things are going well—very well. Pittsburgh scored five unanswered goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night to win 6-3 and take the lead in the Eastern Conference. Aren’t the Penguins supposed to have a hard time winning without Crosby in the lineup? Aren’t the supposed to have a hard time scoring?
Then what are they doing exploding for four goals in the third period?
Judging by Tuesday night’s game, it doesn’t look like they have any problems on any fronts. It must be nice to have guys like Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, and Kris Letang as backup plans as the team looks for goals over the first two months of the season. Looks like they have plenty of skill:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7