Nov 16, 2011, 1:08 AM EDT
It’s easy for a team to take their time with their superstar captain when things are going well. For the Penguins, things are going well—very well. Pittsburgh scored five unanswered goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night to win 6-3 and take the lead in the Eastern Conference. Aren’t the Penguins supposed to have a hard time winning without Crosby in the lineup? Aren’t the supposed to have a hard time scoring?
Then what are they doing exploding for four goals in the third period?
Judging by Tuesday night’s game, it doesn’t look like they have any problems on any fronts. It must be nice to have guys like Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, and Kris Letang as backup plans as the team looks for goals over the first two months of the season. Looks like they have plenty of skill:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5