Nov 16, 2011, 1:08 AM EST
It’s easy for a team to take their time with their superstar captain when things are going well. For the Penguins, things are going well—very well. Pittsburgh scored five unanswered goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night to win 6-3 and take the lead in the Eastern Conference. Aren’t the Penguins supposed to have a hard time winning without Crosby in the lineup? Aren’t the supposed to have a hard time scoring?
Then what are they doing exploding for four goals in the third period?
Judging by Tuesday night’s game, it doesn’t look like they have any problems on any fronts. It must be nice to have guys like Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, and Kris Letang as backup plans as the team looks for goals over the first two months of the season. Looks like they have plenty of skill:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 1
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 22
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2