Nov 16, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Tyler Myers‘ banishment to the press box turned out to be a one-game punishment.
Myers will be back in the lineup tonight for the Sabres as they take on the Devils at home. Myers was sat down against Montreal thanks to his poor play in games leading up to Monday and looked especially lost against Boston last Saturday.
Our attention turns to Myers now to see how the young defenseman responds to being benched. Myers hasn’t looked like the guy that won the Calder Trophy in over a year now and perhaps a shakeup like this is what he needed to get back to playing top level kind of defense.
Then again, the worries that Myers has perhaps plateaued as a defenseman are being discussed as well and given the Sabres’ offseason financial commitment to him over the summer, they’re hoping that that’s just idle nonsense chatter. We’ll be watching carefully to see how he plays tonight and through the rest of the season.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5