Nov 16, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Tyler Myers‘ banishment to the press box turned out to be a one-game punishment.
Myers will be back in the lineup tonight for the Sabres as they take on the Devils at home. Myers was sat down against Montreal thanks to his poor play in games leading up to Monday and looked especially lost against Boston last Saturday.
Our attention turns to Myers now to see how the young defenseman responds to being benched. Myers hasn’t looked like the guy that won the Calder Trophy in over a year now and perhaps a shakeup like this is what he needed to get back to playing top level kind of defense.
Then again, the worries that Myers has perhaps plateaued as a defenseman are being discussed as well and given the Sabres’ offseason financial commitment to him over the summer, they’re hoping that that’s just idle nonsense chatter. We’ll be watching carefully to see how he plays tonight and through the rest of the season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)