Nov 16, 2011, 10:58 AM EST
Tyler Myers‘ banishment to the press box turned out to be a one-game punishment.
Myers will be back in the lineup tonight for the Sabres as they take on the Devils at home. Myers was sat down against Montreal thanks to his poor play in games leading up to Monday and looked especially lost against Boston last Saturday.
Our attention turns to Myers now to see how the young defenseman responds to being benched. Myers hasn’t looked like the guy that won the Calder Trophy in over a year now and perhaps a shakeup like this is what he needed to get back to playing top level kind of defense.
Then again, the worries that Myers has perhaps plateaued as a defenseman are being discussed as well and given the Sabres’ offseason financial commitment to him over the summer, they’re hoping that that’s just idle nonsense chatter. We’ll be watching carefully to see how he plays tonight and through the rest of the season.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4