Nov 16, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Tyler Myers‘ banishment to the press box turned out to be a one-game punishment.
Myers will be back in the lineup tonight for the Sabres as they take on the Devils at home. Myers was sat down against Montreal thanks to his poor play in games leading up to Monday and looked especially lost against Boston last Saturday.
Our attention turns to Myers now to see how the young defenseman responds to being benched. Myers hasn’t looked like the guy that won the Calder Trophy in over a year now and perhaps a shakeup like this is what he needed to get back to playing top level kind of defense.
Then again, the worries that Myers has perhaps plateaued as a defenseman are being discussed as well and given the Sabres’ offseason financial commitment to him over the summer, they’re hoping that that’s just idle nonsense chatter. We’ll be watching carefully to see how he plays tonight and through the rest of the season.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)