Nov 16, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
Darn those Sabres for earning a win on Monday night against Montreal because now we’ve got a sincere lack of drama points as the Devils head into Buffalo (7:30 p.m. ET) looking to put a tough loss to Boston behind them. The Devils will do things a bit differently this time around by likely having Ilya Kovalchuk rejoining the lineup after being out with a lower body injury.
The Bruins tying everything together here for both teams shows that while they’ve got a common enemy, their circumstances are vastly different. The Devils were able to run and gun with the Bruins before ultimately coming up short while the Sabres got knocked around and beat up famously by them.
The goalie battle here is an intriguing one. Jhonas Enroth is the youthful upstart taking the place of an injured superstar. Martin Brodeur, meanwhile, is the ultimate goalie superstar and a legend on the ice. Both guys are equally fearless and the Sabres just seem to keep winning with Enroth. Brodeur would love to teach the kid a trick or two.
If you’re looking for scoring, while it may end up being tough to come by, there’s enough to keep everyone locked in. Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville shine for Buffalo while Zach Parise and Patrik Elias carry New Jersey. Kovalchuk will ultimately be the guy to watch here though as he’s a minute-eating forward playing in all facets of the game.
The one side story worth watching here might be whether we see Tyler Myers exiled from the press box after sitting out against Montreal. If he’s back in the lineup, all eyes will be on him to see how he responds to the first benching in his career. New Jersey needs a bounce back win while the Sabres want to string the wins together.
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 13
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 13
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 32
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)