Nov 16, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
The New York Islanders tend to do things their way, for better or worse. Sometimes that means barring journalists from covering their team, other times they blaze a new trail by signing a goalie for 10+ years or making another netminder their general manager. In the case of their latest third jerseys, the Islanders went back in time ever so slightly.
While the latest third jersey trend was to roll out baby blue duds, the Isles jumped on the previous trend of going black. We already asked how the general concept sizes up to some of their worst looks ever, but now you can see what they look like on an actual Islanders player. Here are a few highlights from the Islanders’ third jersey gallery (view the full things here).
If you want one more look, here’s a shot of a big chunk of the team wearing the new duds. Now that you’ve had a chance to assess them, let us know how you feel about the third jerseys in the comments and in this poll.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)