Nov 16, 2011, 8:49 PM EST
The New York Islanders tend to do things their way, for better or worse. Sometimes that means barring journalists from covering their team, other times they blaze a new trail by signing a goalie for 10+ years or making another netminder their general manager. In the case of their latest third jerseys, the Islanders went back in time ever so slightly.
While the latest third jersey trend was to roll out baby blue duds, the Isles jumped on the previous trend of going black. We already asked how the general concept sizes up to some of their worst looks ever, but now you can see what they look like on an actual Islanders player. Here are a few highlights from the Islanders’ third jersey gallery (view the full things here).
If you want one more look, here’s a shot of a big chunk of the team wearing the new duds. Now that you’ve had a chance to assess them, let us know how you feel about the third jerseys in the comments and in this poll.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)