Nov 16, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
The New York Islanders tend to do things their way, for better or worse. Sometimes that means barring journalists from covering their team, other times they blaze a new trail by signing a goalie for 10+ years or making another netminder their general manager. In the case of their latest third jerseys, the Islanders went back in time ever so slightly.
While the latest third jersey trend was to roll out baby blue duds, the Isles jumped on the previous trend of going black. We already asked how the general concept sizes up to some of their worst looks ever, but now you can see what they look like on an actual Islanders player. Here are a few highlights from the Islanders’ third jersey gallery (view the full things here).
If you want one more look, here’s a shot of a big chunk of the team wearing the new duds. Now that you’ve had a chance to assess them, let us know how you feel about the third jerseys in the comments and in this poll.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL