Nov 16, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
The New York Islanders tend to do things their way, for better or worse. Sometimes that means barring journalists from covering their team, other times they blaze a new trail by signing a goalie for 10+ years or making another netminder their general manager. In the case of their latest third jerseys, the Islanders went back in time ever so slightly.
While the latest third jersey trend was to roll out baby blue duds, the Isles jumped on the previous trend of going black. We already asked how the general concept sizes up to some of their worst looks ever, but now you can see what they look like on an actual Islanders player. Here are a few highlights from the Islanders’ third jersey gallery (view the full things here).
If you want one more look, here’s a shot of a big chunk of the team wearing the new duds. Now that you’ve had a chance to assess them, let us know how you feel about the third jerseys in the comments and in this poll.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5