Nov 16, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
The word “lost” came up a lot during Toronto’s game with Phoenix last night. The Leafs lost 3-2 in a shootout to the Coyotes and have now lost four of their last five. The Leafs also lost both Mikhail Grabovski and Clarke MacArthur to injury during the game.
What’s ailing Grabovski is still unconfirmed, but this much we know: He’ll miss the next two weeks after colliding with Martin Hanzal and limping off with what appeared to be a lower-body injury. Grabovski had 5G-5A-10PTS in 18 games while averaging over 18 minutes a night.
As for MacArthur, the jury’s still out. Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun reports he’ll see a doctor (MacArthur, not Koshan) for further diagnosis. It’s believed to be an upper-body injury, for whatever that’s worth. Koshan also noted that MacArthur won’t play tomorrow night in Nashville.
Speaking of the Nashville game, Leafs head coach Ron Wilson confirmed Ben Scrivens would get the start — his fourth in a row. (That noise you heard was another bolt going through Jonas Gustavsson and into the bench.) All told, the Leafs will face the Predators without the services of Grabovski, MacArthur, James Reimer and Colby Armstrong.
Good news, though — Tim Connolly has declared himself fit and will return to the lineup on Thursday. I would joke about how the Leafs are keeping a spot on IR open for him, but I’m not sure it’s a joke.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)