Nov 16, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
The word “lost” came up a lot during Toronto’s game with Phoenix last night. The Leafs lost 3-2 in a shootout to the Coyotes and have now lost four of their last five. The Leafs also lost both Mikhail Grabovski and Clarke MacArthur to injury during the game.
What’s ailing Grabovski is still unconfirmed, but this much we know: He’ll miss the next two weeks after colliding with Martin Hanzal and limping off with what appeared to be a lower-body injury. Grabovski had 5G-5A-10PTS in 18 games while averaging over 18 minutes a night.
As for MacArthur, the jury’s still out. Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun reports he’ll see a doctor (MacArthur, not Koshan) for further diagnosis. It’s believed to be an upper-body injury, for whatever that’s worth. Koshan also noted that MacArthur won’t play tomorrow night in Nashville.
Speaking of the Nashville game, Leafs head coach Ron Wilson confirmed Ben Scrivens would get the start — his fourth in a row. (That noise you heard was another bolt going through Jonas Gustavsson and into the bench.) All told, the Leafs will face the Predators without the services of Grabovski, MacArthur, James Reimer and Colby Armstrong.
Good news, though — Tim Connolly has declared himself fit and will return to the lineup on Thursday. I would joke about how the Leafs are keeping a spot on IR open for him, but I’m not sure it’s a joke.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)