Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 AM EST
All right so he’s not Sidney Crosby, but Tyler Kennedy is looking like he’s ready to go for tonight’s game against Colorado. Kennedy has been out with a concussion of his own and while all eyes have been on Crosby and how he’s doing, Kennedy is set to get back on the ice.
Kennedy has been out since October 15th and has missed 11 games with the Pens with his ailment. With just one goal and two assists in six games, Kennedy hasn’t quite looked like the 20-goal scorer he was last year, but getting back into action with his old running crew like Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke should help.
The Pens would have to remove Kennedy from injured reserve by 5 p.m. ET today if they intend on playing him tonight.
In case you’re wondering, no, Crosby won’t be playing tonight.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)