Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
All right so he’s not Sidney Crosby, but Tyler Kennedy is looking like he’s ready to go for tonight’s game against Colorado. Kennedy has been out with a concussion of his own and while all eyes have been on Crosby and how he’s doing, Kennedy is set to get back on the ice.
Kennedy has been out since October 15th and has missed 11 games with the Pens with his ailment. With just one goal and two assists in six games, Kennedy hasn’t quite looked like the 20-goal scorer he was last year, but getting back into action with his old running crew like Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke should help.
The Pens would have to remove Kennedy from injured reserve by 5 p.m. ET today if they intend on playing him tonight.
In case you’re wondering, no, Crosby won’t be playing tonight.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)