Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
All right so he’s not Sidney Crosby, but Tyler Kennedy is looking like he’s ready to go for tonight’s game against Colorado. Kennedy has been out with a concussion of his own and while all eyes have been on Crosby and how he’s doing, Kennedy is set to get back on the ice.
Kennedy has been out since October 15th and has missed 11 games with the Pens with his ailment. With just one goal and two assists in six games, Kennedy hasn’t quite looked like the 20-goal scorer he was last year, but getting back into action with his old running crew like Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke should help.
The Pens would have to remove Kennedy from injured reserve by 5 p.m. ET today if they intend on playing him tonight.
In case you’re wondering, no, Crosby won’t be playing tonight.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)