Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 AM EST
All right so he’s not Sidney Crosby, but Tyler Kennedy is looking like he’s ready to go for tonight’s game against Colorado. Kennedy has been out with a concussion of his own and while all eyes have been on Crosby and how he’s doing, Kennedy is set to get back on the ice.
Kennedy has been out since October 15th and has missed 11 games with the Pens with his ailment. With just one goal and two assists in six games, Kennedy hasn’t quite looked like the 20-goal scorer he was last year, but getting back into action with his old running crew like Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke should help.
The Pens would have to remove Kennedy from injured reserve by 5 p.m. ET today if they intend on playing him tonight.
In case you’re wondering, no, Crosby won’t be playing tonight.
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 11
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 30
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Malkin named NHL’s first star for second straight week 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Red Wings challenge division-leading Bruins (32)