Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
All right so he’s not Sidney Crosby, but Tyler Kennedy is looking like he’s ready to go for tonight’s game against Colorado. Kennedy has been out with a concussion of his own and while all eyes have been on Crosby and how he’s doing, Kennedy is set to get back on the ice.
Kennedy has been out since October 15th and has missed 11 games with the Pens with his ailment. With just one goal and two assists in six games, Kennedy hasn’t quite looked like the 20-goal scorer he was last year, but getting back into action with his old running crew like Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke should help.
The Pens would have to remove Kennedy from injured reserve by 5 p.m. ET today if they intend on playing him tonight.
In case you’re wondering, no, Crosby won’t be playing tonight.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 43
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 10
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22