Nov 15, 2011, 5:08 PM EDT
Every Tuesday at PHT, we’ll pump a player’s tire. Because every player likes it when nice things are said about them.
This week’s tire pumpee: Jakub Voracek, Philadelphia Flyers
The 22-year-old has seven points in his last four games, a stretch that began with a 3-point night against his old team, Columbus, on Nov. 5.
In case you forgot, Voracek was traded by the Blue Jackets to the Flyers in June along with a first-round pick (Sean Couturier) and a third-rounder, with Jeff Carter and his enormous contract coming back the other way.
Voracek admits he wants to show the Jackets they made a mistake by giving up on him. The seventh-overall pick from 2007 hasn’t forgotten his conditioning being called into question at the end of last season by Columbus coach Scott Arniel.
“I don’t think it’s right to talk about it in the papers,” Voracek told the Philadelphia Inquirer earlier this month. “It is what he said, but I have to disagree with him. I went to the (IIHF) world championships last year and I felt great – all tournament, which was almost in the end of May. It was a long season for me as well, and physically I felt great. But sometimes if you play bad, it doesn’t mean you’re out of shape. Like I said, it is what it is and I’ve got a new NHL life here.”
Here we see Voracek turning a puck over and feeding Talbot for the Flyers’ second goal in last night’s 5-3 victory over Carolina:
Jakub Voracek, everyone.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)