Nov 15, 2011, 10:24 PM EDT
Two of the most skilled hockey players in the entire world traded beautiful goals in Tuesday night’s Avalanche vs. Penguins game. But which one is better?
Matt Duchene had one of the nastiest goals of the early season when he went through his on legs, then calmly deked Marc-Andre Fleury for a highlight goal. This is what happens when a supremely talented player:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not to be outdone, Evgeni Malkin submitted his entry for the prestigious Goal of the Year/Night/Game award when he took the puck in the corner, baptized rookie Gabriel Landeskog, then finished the highlight off with a move around goaltender Semyon Varlamov. Again, words don’t do the goal justice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39