Nov 15, 2011, 10:24 PM EST
Two of the most skilled hockey players in the entire world traded beautiful goals in Tuesday night’s Avalanche vs. Penguins game. But which one is better?
Matt Duchene had one of the nastiest goals of the early season when he went through his on legs, then calmly deked Marc-Andre Fleury for a highlight goal. This is what happens when a supremely talented player:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not to be outdone, Evgeni Malkin submitted his entry for the prestigious Goal of the Year/Night/Game award when he took the puck in the corner, baptized rookie Gabriel Landeskog, then finished the highlight off with a move around goaltender Semyon Varlamov. Again, words don’t do the goal justice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 141
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 116
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (142)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (116)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)