Nov 15, 2011, 10:24 PM EST
Two of the most skilled hockey players in the entire world traded beautiful goals in Tuesday night’s Avalanche vs. Penguins game. But which one is better?
Matt Duchene had one of the nastiest goals of the early season when he went through his on legs, then calmly deked Marc-Andre Fleury for a highlight goal. This is what happens when a supremely talented player:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not to be outdone, Evgeni Malkin submitted his entry for the prestigious Goal of the Year/Night/Game award when he took the puck in the corner, baptized rookie Gabriel Landeskog, then finished the highlight off with a move around goaltender Semyon Varlamov. Again, words don’t do the goal justice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54