Nov 15, 2011, 10:24 PM EDT
Two of the most skilled hockey players in the entire world traded beautiful goals in Tuesday night’s Avalanche vs. Penguins game. But which one is better?
Matt Duchene had one of the nastiest goals of the early season when he went through his on legs, then calmly deked Marc-Andre Fleury for a highlight goal. This is what happens when a supremely talented player:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not to be outdone, Evgeni Malkin submitted his entry for the prestigious Goal of the Year/Night/Game award when he took the puck in the corner, baptized rookie Gabriel Landeskog, then finished the highlight off with a move around goaltender Semyon Varlamov. Again, words don’t do the goal justice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 33
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 31
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)