Nov 15, 2011, 10:24 PM EST
Two of the most skilled hockey players in the entire world traded beautiful goals in Tuesday night’s Avalanche vs. Penguins game. But which one is better?
Matt Duchene had one of the nastiest goals of the early season when he went through his on legs, then calmly deked Marc-Andre Fleury for a highlight goal. This is what happens when a supremely talented player:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not to be outdone, Evgeni Malkin submitted his entry for the prestigious Goal of the Year/Night/Game award when he took the puck in the corner, baptized rookie Gabriel Landeskog, then finished the highlight off with a move around goaltender Semyon Varlamov. Again, words don’t do the goal justice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 48
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 15
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)