Nov 15, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The bad news out of Boston was Ilya Kovalchuk was sidelined for the fifth consecutive game. The good news is that he’s likely to lace ‘em up tomorrow night in Buffalo. Sometimes, it’s all about the little things in life.
There was some optimism around the team that Kovalchuk could have appeared in tonight’s game against the Bruins. He took the ice in today’s morning skate and participated in warm-ups immediately before the game. But when a decision was finally made, Kovalchuk was directed to the press box instead of the visitors’ bench.
To keep with the positive theme, nothing happened during the warm-ups that would be considered a setback. “It was the coach’s decision,” Kovalchuk told Rich Chere from the Star-Ledger. “It’s always the coach’s decision. But I’m pretty sure I’ll play tomorrow.”
Even though he’s not on the ice, Devils fans have to be happen that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. New Jersey is 3-1 since Kovalchuk has been sidelined with is lower-body injury, but getting an elite sniper back into the lineup is always a welcomed addition.
Then again, if they can continue to win without him, the organization can continue to take their time with their $100 million man.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 8
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 13
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)