Nov 15, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The bad news out of Boston was Ilya Kovalchuk was sidelined for the fifth consecutive game. The good news is that he’s likely to lace ‘em up tomorrow night in Buffalo. Sometimes, it’s all about the little things in life.
There was some optimism around the team that Kovalchuk could have appeared in tonight’s game against the Bruins. He took the ice in today’s morning skate and participated in warm-ups immediately before the game. But when a decision was finally made, Kovalchuk was directed to the press box instead of the visitors’ bench.
To keep with the positive theme, nothing happened during the warm-ups that would be considered a setback. “It was the coach’s decision,” Kovalchuk told Rich Chere from the Star-Ledger. “It’s always the coach’s decision. But I’m pretty sure I’ll play tomorrow.”
Even though he’s not on the ice, Devils fans have to be happen that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. New Jersey is 3-1 since Kovalchuk has been sidelined with is lower-body injury, but getting an elite sniper back into the lineup is always a welcomed addition.
Then again, if they can continue to win without him, the organization can continue to take their time with their $100 million man.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)