Nov 15, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The bad news out of Boston was Ilya Kovalchuk was sidelined for the fifth consecutive game. The good news is that he’s likely to lace ‘em up tomorrow night in Buffalo. Sometimes, it’s all about the little things in life.
There was some optimism around the team that Kovalchuk could have appeared in tonight’s game against the Bruins. He took the ice in today’s morning skate and participated in warm-ups immediately before the game. But when a decision was finally made, Kovalchuk was directed to the press box instead of the visitors’ bench.
To keep with the positive theme, nothing happened during the warm-ups that would be considered a setback. “It was the coach’s decision,” Kovalchuk told Rich Chere from the Star-Ledger. “It’s always the coach’s decision. But I’m pretty sure I’ll play tomorrow.”
Even though he’s not on the ice, Devils fans have to be happen that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. New Jersey is 3-1 since Kovalchuk has been sidelined with is lower-body injury, but getting an elite sniper back into the lineup is always a welcomed addition.
Then again, if they can continue to win without him, the organization can continue to take their time with their $100 million man.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)