Nov 15, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
You’d think the heated words between the Bruins and Sabres would cool off after a couple of days. You’d be horribly wrong of course. After Bruins practice this morning as the team tunes up for their battle with New Jersey tonight, Claude Julien was asked again about the hit Milan Lucic delivered to Ryan Miller that saw Lucic escape a league suspension.
Julien made sure Buffalo knew that Lucic means business when he wants to.
“I know for a fact if Milan had really wanted to hit him then he wouldn’t have gotten up. That speaks for itself.”
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNewEngland.com noted, Julien referred to the play as a collision and not a hit. Splitting hairs perhaps, but that’s the line in the sand that was drawn for the play involving Sidney Crosby and David Steckel during the Winter Classic as well. How many more overdramatic situations can we get pulled into this now?
Whether you choose to believe Lucic’s play on Miller was just part of the game or something of ill intent is up to you to decide. What’s curious though is that with all this nonsense talk going back and forth between the two sides is that we haven’t seen the NHL step in to ruin the fun with a gag order.
It’s happened before when Brian Burke and Kevin Lowe were busy sniping each other in quotes and with these two teams having a game coming up next week, cooling things off might be in the league’s best interests.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)