Nov 14, 2011, 8:42 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan voiced his disapproval of the Buffalo Sabres’ verbal response to Milan Lucic‘s hit on Ryan Miller, but what about the lack of in-game reaction? Keith Jones and Mike Milbury were all over the Sabres for their tepid response to a run on their goalie, both immediately after the check and as the game goes along.
If you ask me, the most interesting part of the video is the old footage, though. Jones rolls a clip that stretches back to 1987, when the (gasp) Sabres angrily responded to Bob Probert taking a shot at Tom Barrasso. A lot has been made about Buffalo’s lack of “personnel” to bring “justice” to Lucic, but the clip features an ingenious response to that line of reasoning. After all, Probert ranks as one of the most featured enforcers of all-time, so if you can respond to him, couldn’t you do the same to Lucic?
(Not saying it’s the exact same situation, but this is interesting food for thought …)
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8