Nov 14, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Myers being made a healthy scratch for the game tonight is a first in his career and after a very uninspiring game against the Bruins that saw him turn the puck over leading to goals and looking like he’s never defended a two-on-one before in his career. Myers, of course, signed a monster contract extension in the offseason to remain a fixture in Buffalo for the next seven seasons. To see a healthy scratch come this soon in his career is what Buffalo hopes is a small bump in the road to prevent future, long term nightmares.
Taking Myers’ spot in the lineup will be Mike Weber. Weber has played just one game this season going pointless with a -2 rating and seven penalty minutes. The Sabres need some toughness and defensive smarts tonight and they’ll at least get half of that in Weber. The key for Myers will be to see how he responds after this benching. Improvement or continued failure? We shall see.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25