Nov 14, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Myers being made a healthy scratch for the game tonight is a first in his career and after a very uninspiring game against the Bruins that saw him turn the puck over leading to goals and looking like he’s never defended a two-on-one before in his career. Myers, of course, signed a monster contract extension in the offseason to remain a fixture in Buffalo for the next seven seasons. To see a healthy scratch come this soon in his career is what Buffalo hopes is a small bump in the road to prevent future, long term nightmares.
Taking Myers’ spot in the lineup will be Mike Weber. Weber has played just one game this season going pointless with a -2 rating and seven penalty minutes. The Sabres need some toughness and defensive smarts tonight and they’ll at least get half of that in Weber. The key for Myers will be to see how he responds after this benching. Improvement or continued failure? We shall see.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 0
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 5
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47