Nov 14, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Myers being made a healthy scratch for the game tonight is a first in his career and after a very uninspiring game against the Bruins that saw him turn the puck over leading to goals and looking like he’s never defended a two-on-one before in his career. Myers, of course, signed a monster contract extension in the offseason to remain a fixture in Buffalo for the next seven seasons. To see a healthy scratch come this soon in his career is what Buffalo hopes is a small bump in the road to prevent future, long term nightmares.
Taking Myers’ spot in the lineup will be Mike Weber. Weber has played just one game this season going pointless with a -2 rating and seven penalty minutes. The Sabres need some toughness and defensive smarts tonight and they’ll at least get half of that in Weber. The key for Myers will be to see how he responds after this benching. Improvement or continued failure? We shall see.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18