Nov 14, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
Don’t suppose there’s been any news out of Buffalo over the weekend, has there?
While the Montreal Canadiens are looking to get consistent after a road trip, the Sabres come rolling into Montreal (7 p.m. ET on Versus) in a most foul mood. Ryan Miller is out indefinitely with a concussion thanks to being treated like a bowling pin by Boston’s Milan Lucic. The goalie battle that was lingering in Buffalo is now put on hold as Jhonas Enroth gets to prove that he can get it done full time.
Also needing to prove they can do anything other than give up continuous two-on-one’s and not stick up for their teammates is the Sabres defense. Guys like Tyler Myers, Andrei Sekera, Christian Ehrhoff, and Marc-Andre Gragnani are going to need a refresher course in how to defend opponents. Myers in particular looked brutal against Boston. For a guy with a fat, new contract extension he should worry about the part of his game his position is named for better.
With how chipper coach Lindy Ruff was after the team practiced in Montreal yesterday, it’s safe to say that if the Sabres don’t come out like a team on fire tonight,
Montreal, meanwhile, is getting things back together slowly. Mike Cammalleri is back in the lineup and with him comes the threat of goal scoring. Max Pacioretty and Tomas Plekanec have held strong for the Habs in the meantime while Carey Price hopes to get things under control in goal so the Habs can get back to being the tough team to beat we’ve gotten to know.
How will the Sabres come out after their total screw up in Boston and getting torn apart by Ruff? Will Montreal continue to make things worse for Buffalo? The drama is there for the taking.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 11
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)