Nov 14, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
Don’t suppose there’s been any news out of Buffalo over the weekend, has there?
While the Montreal Canadiens are looking to get consistent after a road trip, the Sabres come rolling into Montreal (7 p.m. ET on Versus) in a most foul mood. Ryan Miller is out indefinitely with a concussion thanks to being treated like a bowling pin by Boston’s Milan Lucic. The goalie battle that was lingering in Buffalo is now put on hold as Jhonas Enroth gets to prove that he can get it done full time.
Also needing to prove they can do anything other than give up continuous two-on-one’s and not stick up for their teammates is the Sabres defense. Guys like Tyler Myers, Andrei Sekera, Christian Ehrhoff, and Marc-Andre Gragnani are going to need a refresher course in how to defend opponents. Myers in particular looked brutal against Boston. For a guy with a fat, new contract extension he should worry about the part of his game his position is named for better.
With how chipper coach Lindy Ruff was after the team practiced in Montreal yesterday, it’s safe to say that if the Sabres don’t come out like a team on fire tonight,
Montreal, meanwhile, is getting things back together slowly. Mike Cammalleri is back in the lineup and with him comes the threat of goal scoring. Max Pacioretty and Tomas Plekanec have held strong for the Habs in the meantime while Carey Price hopes to get things under control in goal so the Habs can get back to being the tough team to beat we’ve gotten to know.
How will the Sabres come out after their total screw up in Boston and getting torn apart by Ruff? Will Montreal continue to make things worse for Buffalo? The drama is there for the taking.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (70)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)