Nov 14, 2011, 8:31 AM EDT
So just what are we going to get out of the Buffalo Sabres tonight?
It stands to reason that we’ll, at the very least, get a team that comes out with a purpose of mending as many errors as possible for their embarrassing loss to Boston against the Montreal Canadiens tonight. By all accounts, coach Lindy Ruff read his team the riot act during and after practice yesterday and the press didn’t get the full brunt of his wrath.
By all accounts, the guys you should see tougher games out of are the guys you’d think would’ve shown up against Boston, namely Paul Gaustad and Patrick Kaleta. While Kaleta is an agitator by trade, Gaustad is the guy that brings the “tough cop” routine. While Kaleta managed to do part of his job, Gaustad didn’t.
The more curious part to this equation is how will Montreal receive them? P.K. Subban is about as good at getting under his opponents’ skin as Kaleta is and while he’s not nearly as dangerous, seeing Subban “poking the bear” tonight could prove to be the spark that ignites an inferno with the Sabres.
The Habs know they’ve got an angry team rolling into town and while their kind of game isn’t at all like Boston’s, let’s just say that rolling through Jhonas Enroth‘s crease might not be in their best interests. For goal hangers like Travis Moen and Brian Gionta, giving Enroth any kind of bumps might not turn out well for Carey Price or themselves. The Sabres’ mistake of not responding for Ryan Miller isn’t one that’ll be repeated any time soon.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 45
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)