Nov 14, 2011, 8:31 AM EST
So just what are we going to get out of the Buffalo Sabres tonight?
It stands to reason that we’ll, at the very least, get a team that comes out with a purpose of mending as many errors as possible for their embarrassing loss to Boston against the Montreal Canadiens tonight. By all accounts, coach Lindy Ruff read his team the riot act during and after practice yesterday and the press didn’t get the full brunt of his wrath.
By all accounts, the guys you should see tougher games out of are the guys you’d think would’ve shown up against Boston, namely Paul Gaustad and Patrick Kaleta. While Kaleta is an agitator by trade, Gaustad is the guy that brings the “tough cop” routine. While Kaleta managed to do part of his job, Gaustad didn’t.
The more curious part to this equation is how will Montreal receive them? P.K. Subban is about as good at getting under his opponents’ skin as Kaleta is and while he’s not nearly as dangerous, seeing Subban “poking the bear” tonight could prove to be the spark that ignites an inferno with the Sabres.
The Habs know they’ve got an angry team rolling into town and while their kind of game isn’t at all like Boston’s, let’s just say that rolling through Jhonas Enroth‘s crease might not be in their best interests. For goal hangers like Travis Moen and Brian Gionta, giving Enroth any kind of bumps might not turn out well for Carey Price or themselves. The Sabres’ mistake of not responding for Ryan Miller isn’t one that’ll be repeated any time soon.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)