Nov 14, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Just one period into his return from an ankle injury, Mike Green suffered another “lower-body” issue on Friday.* We already know that he won’t travel with the Washington Capitals as they begin a three-game road trip, but now we know why. Green apparently strained his right groin muscle, according to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
Bruce Boudreau describes Green’s injury as a day-to-day issue and hopes that he’ll join the team sometime during that trip. Obviously Green is expected to miss Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators, but the other two games are against the Winnipeg Jets (Nov. 17) and Toronto Maple Leafs (Nov. 19).
It wouldn’t be surprising if he missed the entire trip, but we’ll keep an eye open for updates.
* – A Ryan Carter hit caused the problem, but it’s unclear if this post’s main image captures that moment or not.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)