Nov 14, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Just one period into his return from an ankle injury, Mike Green suffered another “lower-body” issue on Friday.* We already know that he won’t travel with the Washington Capitals as they begin a three-game road trip, but now we know why. Green apparently strained his right groin muscle, according to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
Bruce Boudreau describes Green’s injury as a day-to-day issue and hopes that he’ll join the team sometime during that trip. Obviously Green is expected to miss Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators, but the other two games are against the Winnipeg Jets (Nov. 17) and Toronto Maple Leafs (Nov. 19).
It wouldn’t be surprising if he missed the entire trip, but we’ll keep an eye open for updates.
* – A Ryan Carter hit caused the problem, but it’s unclear if this post’s main image captures that moment or not.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)