Nov 14, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Just one period into his return from an ankle injury, Mike Green suffered another “lower-body” issue on Friday.* We already know that he won’t travel with the Washington Capitals as they begin a three-game road trip, but now we know why. Green apparently strained his right groin muscle, according to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
Bruce Boudreau describes Green’s injury as a day-to-day issue and hopes that he’ll join the team sometime during that trip. Obviously Green is expected to miss Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators, but the other two games are against the Winnipeg Jets (Nov. 17) and Toronto Maple Leafs (Nov. 19).
It wouldn’t be surprising if he missed the entire trip, but we’ll keep an eye open for updates.
* – A Ryan Carter hit caused the problem, but it’s unclear if this post’s main image captures that moment or not.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)