Nov 14, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Just one period into his return from an ankle injury, Mike Green suffered another “lower-body” issue on Friday.* We already know that he won’t travel with the Washington Capitals as they begin a three-game road trip, but now we know why. Green apparently strained his right groin muscle, according to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
Bruce Boudreau describes Green’s injury as a day-to-day issue and hopes that he’ll join the team sometime during that trip. Obviously Green is expected to miss Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators, but the other two games are against the Winnipeg Jets (Nov. 17) and Toronto Maple Leafs (Nov. 19).
It wouldn’t be surprising if he missed the entire trip, but we’ll keep an eye open for updates.
* – A Ryan Carter hit caused the problem, but it’s unclear if this post’s main image captures that moment or not.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)