Nov 14, 2011, 9:44 PM EST
Just one period into his return from an ankle injury, Mike Green suffered another “lower-body” issue on Friday.* We already know that he won’t travel with the Washington Capitals as they begin a three-game road trip, but now we know why. Green apparently strained his right groin muscle, according to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
Bruce Boudreau describes Green’s injury as a day-to-day issue and hopes that he’ll join the team sometime during that trip. Obviously Green is expected to miss Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators, but the other two games are against the Winnipeg Jets (Nov. 17) and Toronto Maple Leafs (Nov. 19).
It wouldn’t be surprising if he missed the entire trip, but we’ll keep an eye open for updates.
* – A Ryan Carter hit caused the problem, but it’s unclear if this post’s main image captures that moment or not.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)