Nov 14, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
Green missed six games with a sprained ankle before returning to action Friday in New Jersey. Unfortunately, his return would be short-lived. Late in the first period, he was hit in the corner by Devils forward Ryan Carter, who led with his knee on the play. Green was forced to leave with a lower-body injury and didn’t return.
According to Caps coach Bruce Boudreau, Green didn’t reinjure his ankle.
“He’s not making the trip. He’s day to day,” Boudreau said. “We’re hoping that he joins us on the trip, but right now he’s going to stay here and get treatments.”
Washington will travel to Nashville (Tuesday) with just six defensemen. If another one bites the dust against the Predators and Green still isn’t healthy, the Caps will have a day to call up a replacement from Hershey before Thursday’s game in Winnipeg.
The Capitals are 8-0-0 with Green in the lineup and 2-4-1 without.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)