Nov 14, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
Green missed six games with a sprained ankle before returning to action Friday in New Jersey. Unfortunately, his return would be short-lived. Late in the first period, he was hit in the corner by Devils forward Ryan Carter, who led with his knee on the play. Green was forced to leave with a lower-body injury and didn’t return.
According to Caps coach Bruce Boudreau, Green didn’t reinjure his ankle.
“He’s not making the trip. He’s day to day,” Boudreau said. “We’re hoping that he joins us on the trip, but right now he’s going to stay here and get treatments.”
Washington will travel to Nashville (Tuesday) with just six defensemen. If another one bites the dust against the Predators and Green still isn’t healthy, the Caps will have a day to call up a replacement from Hershey before Thursday’s game in Winnipeg.
The Capitals are 8-0-0 with Green in the lineup and 2-4-1 without.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5