Nov 14, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
Green missed six games with a sprained ankle before returning to action Friday in New Jersey. Unfortunately, his return would be short-lived. Late in the first period, he was hit in the corner by Devils forward Ryan Carter, who led with his knee on the play. Green was forced to leave with a lower-body injury and didn’t return.
According to Caps coach Bruce Boudreau, Green didn’t reinjure his ankle.
“He’s not making the trip. He’s day to day,” Boudreau said. “We’re hoping that he joins us on the trip, but right now he’s going to stay here and get treatments.”
Washington will travel to Nashville (Tuesday) with just six defensemen. If another one bites the dust against the Predators and Green still isn’t healthy, the Caps will have a day to call up a replacement from Hershey before Thursday’s game in Winnipeg.
The Capitals are 8-0-0 with Green in the lineup and 2-4-1 without.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)