Nov 14, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Ducks GM Bob Murray snagged the now former Flames forward off re-entry waivers meaning he’ll be paying him $1.5 million against the cap this season, a burden he’ll share with the Flames and GM Jay Feaster. Hagman has been a man exiled in Calgary after not finding much success there, he’ll get a chance to help the Ducks turn things around and join a pair of Finnish teammates in Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne.
Hagman might get the shot to start on the Ducks’ second line with those two while Jason Blake continues to be out with an injury. Letting that Finnish line roll and play how they want might be key for Anaheim to breaking out of the funk they’ve been in of late losing seven of their last eight and 10 of their last 12.
The question left for Hagman is if he has anything left or not. If he does, the Ducks have a steal for the rest of the season and a guy who might have instant chemistry with the team. If not, the Ducks aren’t really losing out money-wise and in the state they’re in now taking a shot on Hagman isn’t so bad.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)