Nov 14, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Ducks GM Bob Murray snagged the now former Flames forward off re-entry waivers meaning he’ll be paying him $1.5 million against the cap this season, a burden he’ll share with the Flames and GM Jay Feaster. Hagman has been a man exiled in Calgary after not finding much success there, he’ll get a chance to help the Ducks turn things around and join a pair of Finnish teammates in Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne.
Hagman might get the shot to start on the Ducks’ second line with those two while Jason Blake continues to be out with an injury. Letting that Finnish line roll and play how they want might be key for Anaheim to breaking out of the funk they’ve been in of late losing seven of their last eight and 10 of their last 12.
The question left for Hagman is if he has anything left or not. If he does, the Ducks have a steal for the rest of the season and a guy who might have instant chemistry with the team. If not, the Ducks aren’t really losing out money-wise and in the state they’re in now taking a shot on Hagman isn’t so bad.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21