Nov 14, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Ducks GM Bob Murray snagged the now former Flames forward off re-entry waivers meaning he’ll be paying him $1.5 million against the cap this season, a burden he’ll share with the Flames and GM Jay Feaster. Hagman has been a man exiled in Calgary after not finding much success there, he’ll get a chance to help the Ducks turn things around and join a pair of Finnish teammates in Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne.
Hagman might get the shot to start on the Ducks’ second line with those two while Jason Blake continues to be out with an injury. Letting that Finnish line roll and play how they want might be key for Anaheim to breaking out of the funk they’ve been in of late losing seven of their last eight and 10 of their last 12.
The question left for Hagman is if he has anything left or not. If he does, the Ducks have a steal for the rest of the season and a guy who might have instant chemistry with the team. If not, the Ducks aren’t really losing out money-wise and in the state they’re in now taking a shot on Hagman isn’t so bad.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)