Nov 14, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Here’s your daily Sidney Crosby update.
He skated on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal in practice. Sounds juicy, right? Slow down your fantasies folks, he was taking Steve Sullivan‘s spot on that line while Sullivan is banged up and out of practice.
The Pens say that there’s nothing new on Crosby and tell TSN’s Darren Dreger that if Crosby is cleared to play they’ll give the rest of the world a day of lead time to prepare themselves for it. That’s nice of them. While Bylsma said he hasn’t totally ruled Crosby out of tomorrow night’s game, he says there’s also no change in his status either.
Well that’s just frustrating. Think the Penguins enjoy messing with everyone on this? Yeah, so do we.
We know that Crosby is getting closer to return, but now we’re all a little bit eager to be the guys to shout from the mountain tops first for when he comes back. No matter when that ends up being, it’ll be a major benefit for the Penguins. File that one under “duh” for the time being.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 0
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 7
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 10
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)