Nov 14, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Here’s your daily Sidney Crosby update.
He skated on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal in practice. Sounds juicy, right? Slow down your fantasies folks, he was taking Steve Sullivan‘s spot on that line while Sullivan is banged up and out of practice.
The Pens say that there’s nothing new on Crosby and tell TSN’s Darren Dreger that if Crosby is cleared to play they’ll give the rest of the world a day of lead time to prepare themselves for it. That’s nice of them. While Bylsma said he hasn’t totally ruled Crosby out of tomorrow night’s game, he says there’s also no change in his status either.
Well that’s just frustrating. Think the Penguins enjoy messing with everyone on this? Yeah, so do we.
We know that Crosby is getting closer to return, but now we’re all a little bit eager to be the guys to shout from the mountain tops first for when he comes back. No matter when that ends up being, it’ll be a major benefit for the Penguins. File that one under “duh” for the time being.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)