Nov 14, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Here’s your daily Sidney Crosby update.
He skated on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal in practice. Sounds juicy, right? Slow down your fantasies folks, he was taking Steve Sullivan‘s spot on that line while Sullivan is banged up and out of practice.
The Pens say that there’s nothing new on Crosby and tell TSN’s Darren Dreger that if Crosby is cleared to play they’ll give the rest of the world a day of lead time to prepare themselves for it. That’s nice of them. While Bylsma said he hasn’t totally ruled Crosby out of tomorrow night’s game, he says there’s also no change in his status either.
Well that’s just frustrating. Think the Penguins enjoy messing with everyone on this? Yeah, so do we.
We know that Crosby is getting closer to return, but now we’re all a little bit eager to be the guys to shout from the mountain tops first for when he comes back. No matter when that ends up being, it’ll be a major benefit for the Penguins. File that one under “duh” for the time being.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5