Nov 14, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Here’s your daily Sidney Crosby update.
He skated on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal in practice. Sounds juicy, right? Slow down your fantasies folks, he was taking Steve Sullivan‘s spot on that line while Sullivan is banged up and out of practice.
The Pens say that there’s nothing new on Crosby and tell TSN’s Darren Dreger that if Crosby is cleared to play they’ll give the rest of the world a day of lead time to prepare themselves for it. That’s nice of them. While Bylsma said he hasn’t totally ruled Crosby out of tomorrow night’s game, he says there’s also no change in his status either.
Well that’s just frustrating. Think the Penguins enjoy messing with everyone on this? Yeah, so do we.
We know that Crosby is getting closer to return, but now we’re all a little bit eager to be the guys to shout from the mountain tops first for when he comes back. No matter when that ends up being, it’ll be a major benefit for the Penguins. File that one under “duh” for the time being.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)