Nov 14, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Here’s your daily Sidney Crosby update.
He skated on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal in practice. Sounds juicy, right? Slow down your fantasies folks, he was taking Steve Sullivan‘s spot on that line while Sullivan is banged up and out of practice.
The Pens say that there’s nothing new on Crosby and tell TSN’s Darren Dreger that if Crosby is cleared to play they’ll give the rest of the world a day of lead time to prepare themselves for it. That’s nice of them. While Bylsma said he hasn’t totally ruled Crosby out of tomorrow night’s game, he says there’s also no change in his status either.
Well that’s just frustrating. Think the Penguins enjoy messing with everyone on this? Yeah, so do we.
We know that Crosby is getting closer to return, but now we’re all a little bit eager to be the guys to shout from the mountain tops first for when he comes back. No matter when that ends up being, it’ll be a major benefit for the Penguins. File that one under “duh” for the time being.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2