Nov 14, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov doesn’t regret falling to pieces in front of the media following his performance on Oct. 27 against Winnipeg. Philadelphia’s goalie was lost in the woods, so he said he was lost in the woods. If he were trapped in a glass case of emotion, he’d say that too.
“I never run from responsibility,” Bryzgalov said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “When I play bad, I tell you I played bad. When I play well, I tell you I play well. It’s just life, it is what it is.”
Things have turned around dramatically for Bryzgalov since that wild night at the Wells Fargo Center. He’s 4-0-1 in his last five, surrendering just nine goals along the way with a .939 save percentage.
By no coincidence, Bryzgalov is working better with his defensemen after some earlier communication breakdowns.
“I think he’s got to adapt to us like we’ve got to adapt to him,” said Chris Pronger. “He’s a goalie that plays a certain way, and we play a certain way, and the two need to mesh. Sometimes it takes time.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)