Nov 14, 2011, 1:07 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov doesn’t regret falling to pieces in front of the media following his performance on Oct. 27 against Winnipeg. Philadelphia’s goalie was lost in the woods, so he said he was lost in the woods. If he were trapped in a glass case of emotion, he’d say that too.
“I never run from responsibility,” Bryzgalov said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “When I play bad, I tell you I played bad. When I play well, I tell you I play well. It’s just life, it is what it is.”
Things have turned around dramatically for Bryzgalov since that wild night at the Wells Fargo Center. He’s 4-0-1 in his last five, surrendering just nine goals along the way with a .939 save percentage.
By no coincidence, Bryzgalov is working better with his defensemen after some earlier communication breakdowns.
“I think he’s got to adapt to us like we’ve got to adapt to him,” said Chris Pronger. “He’s a goalie that plays a certain way, and we play a certain way, and the two need to mesh. Sometimes it takes time.”
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)