Nov 13, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
If only Curtis Sanford never got hurt…
Alright so it wouldn’t have made a difference. The Blue Jackets would still be in awful shape. But Sanford couldn’t have done worse than Steve Mason.
In that respect I suppose it’s good news for Columbus that Sanford has been activated off injured reserve. The 32-year-old has been on the shelf since pulling a groin muscle in practice on Oct. 17. He’s only made one appearance for the Jackets, stopping all three shots he faced in relief of Mason on Oct. 8 against the Wild.
So technically Sanford’s been unbeatable in 2011-12.
Goalie Allen York has been sent down to Springfield of the AHL.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)