Nov 13, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
If only Curtis Sanford never got hurt…
Alright so it wouldn’t have made a difference. The Blue Jackets would still be in awful shape. But Sanford couldn’t have done worse than Steve Mason.
In that respect I suppose it’s good news for Columbus that Sanford has been activated off injured reserve. The 32-year-old has been on the shelf since pulling a groin muscle in practice on Oct. 17. He’s only made one appearance for the Jackets, stopping all three shots he faced in relief of Mason on Oct. 8 against the Wild.
So technically Sanford’s been unbeatable in 2011-12.
Goalie Allen York has been sent down to Springfield of the AHL.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 6
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 22
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)