Nov 13, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
If only Curtis Sanford never got hurt…
Alright so it wouldn’t have made a difference. The Blue Jackets would still be in awful shape. But Sanford couldn’t have done worse than Steve Mason.
In that respect I suppose it’s good news for Columbus that Sanford has been activated off injured reserve. The 32-year-old has been on the shelf since pulling a groin muscle in practice on Oct. 17. He’s only made one appearance for the Jackets, stopping all three shots he faced in relief of Mason on Oct. 8 against the Wild.
So technically Sanford’s been unbeatable in 2011-12.
Goalie Allen York has been sent down to Springfield of the AHL.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8