Nov 13, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
If only Curtis Sanford never got hurt…
Alright so it wouldn’t have made a difference. The Blue Jackets would still be in awful shape. But Sanford couldn’t have done worse than Steve Mason.
In that respect I suppose it’s good news for Columbus that Sanford has been activated off injured reserve. The 32-year-old has been on the shelf since pulling a groin muscle in practice on Oct. 17. He’s only made one appearance for the Jackets, stopping all three shots he faced in relief of Mason on Oct. 8 against the Wild.
So technically Sanford’s been unbeatable in 2011-12.
Goalie Allen York has been sent down to Springfield of the AHL.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 17
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)