Nov 13, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
If only Curtis Sanford never got hurt…
Alright so it wouldn’t have made a difference. The Blue Jackets would still be in awful shape. But Sanford couldn’t have done worse than Steve Mason.
In that respect I suppose it’s good news for Columbus that Sanford has been activated off injured reserve. The 32-year-old has been on the shelf since pulling a groin muscle in practice on Oct. 17. He’s only made one appearance for the Jackets, stopping all three shots he faced in relief of Mason on Oct. 8 against the Wild.
So technically Sanford’s been unbeatable in 2011-12.
Goalie Allen York has been sent down to Springfield of the AHL.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25