Nov 13, 2011, 4:26 PM EDT
These are not happy times at Camp Sabre.
Following yesterday’s 6-2 drubbing in Boston, Buffalo players expressed their displeasure over Milan Lucic‘s hit on Ryan Miller. Miller blasted Lucic, Paul Gaustad questioned his teammates and Lindy Ruff ripped the officials (he also took a little shot at Gaustad.)
That all happened last night, though. The Sabres weren’t talking today following a team meeting at the Bell Center.
Well, most of the Sabres weren’t talking.
Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News writes that, upon being told by a team spokesman reporters were waiting with questions, Ruff responded “(expletive) the media” and stormed off.
Does that count as talking?
Harrington, one of the media members told to go (expletive) himself, noted that “Ruff is often touchy around reporters from Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa,” but added, “on this day there were just four Buffalo people waiting and no one from Montreal. It will be a wee bit different tomorrow morning.” (When Buffalo faces the Habs in Montreal.)
The Lucic-Miller incident has shaken the Sabres in a major way. Harrington confirmed the team has asked the league to review the incident and while GM Darcy Regier was tight-lipped today (he offered a “no comment”), some of the Buffalo players eventually spoke. That included defenseman Robyn Regehr, who re-iterated what Gaustad said about his team’s lack of response.
“You want to stick up for one another and be there for one another,” Regehr said. “Do I think we could have done a better job of that? Yeah. Yeah, I do.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53