Nov 13, 2011, 4:26 PM EDT
These are not happy times at Camp Sabre.
Following yesterday’s 6-2 drubbing in Boston, Buffalo players expressed their displeasure over Milan Lucic‘s hit on Ryan Miller. Miller blasted Lucic, Paul Gaustad questioned his teammates and Lindy Ruff ripped the officials (he also took a little shot at Gaustad.)
That all happened last night, though. The Sabres weren’t talking today following a team meeting at the Bell Center.
Well, most of the Sabres weren’t talking.
Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News writes that, upon being told by a team spokesman reporters were waiting with questions, Ruff responded “(expletive) the media” and stormed off.
Does that count as talking?
Harrington, one of the media members told to go (expletive) himself, noted that “Ruff is often touchy around reporters from Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa,” but added, “on this day there were just four Buffalo people waiting and no one from Montreal. It will be a wee bit different tomorrow morning.” (When Buffalo faces the Habs in Montreal.)
The Lucic-Miller incident has shaken the Sabres in a major way. Harrington confirmed the team has asked the league to review the incident and while GM Darcy Regier was tight-lipped today (he offered a “no comment”), some of the Buffalo players eventually spoke. That included defenseman Robyn Regehr, who re-iterated what Gaustad said about his team’s lack of response.
“You want to stick up for one another and be there for one another,” Regehr said. “Do I think we could have done a better job of that? Yeah. Yeah, I do.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)