Nov 13, 2011, 5:48 PM EDT
The streaking Red Wings will be without Ian White for a week or two after the defenseman blocked a shot with his face on Saturday.
White saved a goal when he got in front of a shot by Dallas forward Jamie Benn. The downside? A fractured cheekbone.
Fortunately, White won’t be out for long.
“He’ll be able to play with it, once it heals reasonably well,” Detroit GM Holland said, as per MLive.com. “He’ll just need to wear some facial protection.”
Mike Commodore will slot in for White on Tuesday in St. Louis.
Brendan Smith has been recalled from the AHL, though he still has one game remaining in his five-game suspension for hitting Chicago’s Ben Smith in the head during the preseason.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 97
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115