Nov 13, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Buffalo forward Paul Gaustad said he was “embarrassed” the Sabres didn’t punish Milan Lucic for running Sabres goalie Ryan Miller yesterday in Boston. And he was right to be. It was…embarrassing. Gaustad didn’t even try to get after Lucic. He stood there hugging Nathan Horton.
That’s Gaustad (No. 28) on the far right. Not exactly the response a team should get from one of its only tough(ish) forwards after its franchise goalie gets intentionally bowled over.
To his credit, Gaustad (6′ 5″, 212 lbs.) put the blame on his own shoulders: “It falls on myself. I look at myself first, and I wasn’t good enough.”
The one Sabre I noticed, however, was Tyler Myers. By far the biggest Buffalo player pussyfooted into the scrum, went through the motions with Lucic and stopped looking angry as soon as the linesmen got between them.
“I think all of us can agree, we probably could have gone a little harder in responding to it,” Myers said.
One of the knocks on Myers is he doesn’t play nasty enough for a guy his size. This only enforced that reputation.
The Sabres host the Bruins in 10 days. Will the Sabres respond? I’d be shocked if they didn’t.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)