Nov 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season is about to start turning around, right? Jeff Carter will be back in the lineup tonight against Winnipeg after missing most of the start of the season with a hairline fracture in his foot.
Carter has played in just five games this year with three assists but they’re a team that needs goal scoring as much as they need goal stopping, so at least Carter can help the team generate some offense. The Jackets have so many problems right now that getting a little bit of good news goes a long way.
Of course, unless Carter can also help the team out defensively as well as offensively, the losses may continue to pile up. At the very least, getting to face off against the Jets at least gives the Jackets a fighting chance of getting things back on the right foot right away.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)