Nov 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season is about to start turning around, right? Jeff Carter will be back in the lineup tonight against Winnipeg after missing most of the start of the season with a hairline fracture in his foot.
Carter has played in just five games this year with three assists but they’re a team that needs goal scoring as much as they need goal stopping, so at least Carter can help the team generate some offense. The Jackets have so many problems right now that getting a little bit of good news goes a long way.
Of course, unless Carter can also help the team out defensively as well as offensively, the losses may continue to pile up. At the very least, getting to face off against the Jets at least gives the Jackets a fighting chance of getting things back on the right foot right away.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)