Nov 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season is about to start turning around, right? Jeff Carter will be back in the lineup tonight against Winnipeg after missing most of the start of the season with a hairline fracture in his foot.
Carter has played in just five games this year with three assists but they’re a team that needs goal scoring as much as they need goal stopping, so at least Carter can help the team generate some offense. The Jackets have so many problems right now that getting a little bit of good news goes a long way.
Of course, unless Carter can also help the team out defensively as well as offensively, the losses may continue to pile up. At the very least, getting to face off against the Jets at least gives the Jackets a fighting chance of getting things back on the right foot right away.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury (Updated) 8
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 26
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)