Nov 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season is about to start turning around, right? Jeff Carter will be back in the lineup tonight against Winnipeg after missing most of the start of the season with a hairline fracture in his foot.
Carter has played in just five games this year with three assists but they’re a team that needs goal scoring as much as they need goal stopping, so at least Carter can help the team generate some offense. The Jackets have so many problems right now that getting a little bit of good news goes a long way.
Of course, unless Carter can also help the team out defensively as well as offensively, the losses may continue to pile up. At the very least, getting to face off against the Jets at least gives the Jackets a fighting chance of getting things back on the right foot right away.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 1
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 23
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)