Nov 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets’ season is about to start turning around, right? Jeff Carter will be back in the lineup tonight against Winnipeg after missing most of the start of the season with a hairline fracture in his foot.
Carter has played in just five games this year with three assists but they’re a team that needs goal scoring as much as they need goal stopping, so at least Carter can help the team generate some offense. The Jackets have so many problems right now that getting a little bit of good news goes a long way.
Of course, unless Carter can also help the team out defensively as well as offensively, the losses may continue to pile up. At the very least, getting to face off against the Jets at least gives the Jackets a fighting chance of getting things back on the right foot right away.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)