Nov 12, 2011, 10:53 AM EST
Aaron Rome certainly has a way of infuriating Canucks fans. During the Stanley Cup finals his hit on Nathan Horton helped change the feel of the series for the worse for Vancouver and last night he did more of the same against the Ducks.
Rome was whistled for an elbowing major penalty and kicked out of the game for his hit on Ducks rookie Devante Smith-Pelly.
To make things extra painful, the Ducks would score three times on the major en route to a 4-3 win over the Canucks. As for the hit, well, you make the call: Will Rome get suspended for this reckless abandoned run at Smith-Pelly?
The hit certainly comes late and if nothing else it should’ve been called charging rather than elbowing. The follow through on the hit certainly makes it look like elbowing. It’s a high hit but not necessarily a head shot. You could say the Canucks were punished enough giving up three goals on the major and losing the game. Will Brendan Shanahan seek more though? Rome being a repeat offender won’t help his case that’s for sure.
Does Rome sit for more or not? We’re thinking he gets away without a suspension.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)