Nov 12, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
Ryan Miller wasn’t willing to discuss the nature of his “upper-body injury” after tonight’s game against the Boston Bruins. The Buffalo News’ John Vogl reports that Miller stewed in the locker room so he could unleash this pointed (and Vogl-censored) critique of Milan Lucic, though:
“I just stuck around because I wanted to say what a piece of [feces] I think Lucic is,” Miller said. “Fifty pounds on me, and he runs me like that? It’s unbelievable. Everyone in this city sees him as a big, tough, solid player. I respected him for how hard he plays. That was gutless. Gutless. Piece of [feces].”
Wow, Miller hasn’t dished on someone like that since he trash-talked his way to victory in those goofy “Yo Momma” energy drink commercials.
It’s probably fair to say that Miller’s teammates didn’t do the talking* for him, though. The Sabres responded with anger on the initial hit, but didn’t really have the “personnel” to teach Lucic a lesson at that time. Paul Gastaud was one of the players on the ice during that immediate reaction and he told Vogl that he was “embarrassed that we didn’t respond the way we should have.”
Looking at the box score, Lucic didn’t have to answer for his actions during the rest of the game either; the only fight-like disturbance happened when Patrick Kaleta and Shawn Thornton were tossed from the contest with matching misconduct penalties.
Naturally, the beautiful/scary part of this situation is that the Sabres and Bruins are scheduled to meet each other five more times this season. In case you’re wondering, their next game is on Nov. 23, which might make for a Black Wednesday for Lucic.
* – In case you were wondering, “do the talking” means “beat the [feces] out of” …
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 4
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 31
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)