Nov 12, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
Ryan Miller wasn’t willing to discuss the nature of his “upper-body injury” after tonight’s game against the Boston Bruins. The Buffalo News’ John Vogl reports that Miller stewed in the locker room so he could unleash this pointed (and Vogl-censored) critique of Milan Lucic, though:
“I just stuck around because I wanted to say what a piece of [feces] I think Lucic is,” Miller said. “Fifty pounds on me, and he runs me like that? It’s unbelievable. Everyone in this city sees him as a big, tough, solid player. I respected him for how hard he plays. That was gutless. Gutless. Piece of [feces].”
Wow, Miller hasn’t dished on someone like that since he trash-talked his way to victory in those goofy “Yo Momma” energy drink commercials.
It’s probably fair to say that Miller’s teammates didn’t do the talking* for him, though. The Sabres responded with anger on the initial hit, but didn’t really have the “personnel” to teach Lucic a lesson at that time. Paul Gastaud was one of the players on the ice during that immediate reaction and he told Vogl that he was “embarrassed that we didn’t respond the way we should have.”
Looking at the box score, Lucic didn’t have to answer for his actions during the rest of the game either; the only fight-like disturbance happened when Patrick Kaleta and Shawn Thornton were tossed from the contest with matching misconduct penalties.
Naturally, the beautiful/scary part of this situation is that the Sabres and Bruins are scheduled to meet each other five more times this season. In case you’re wondering, their next game is on Nov. 23, which might make for a Black Wednesday for Lucic.
* – In case you were wondering, “do the talking” means “beat the [feces] out of” …
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39