Nov 12, 2011, 3:20 PM EST
OK we’ll call ourselves a jinx on this one. After pointing out earlier today about how Lubomir Visnovsky was having a rough season, we find out from the Ducks that last night’s game ended poorly for him.
Visnovsky will miss the next four weeks with a broken finger suffered in the final shift he played against Vancouver last night. While Anaheim was hoping to see Visnovsky shake off the rough start to his year and get his offense in motion, instead he’ll be taking the next four weeks off. At least he won’t need surgery for the finger.
Now it’ll be up to Cam Fowler to continue showing that he’s capable of leading an offensive attack for the Ducks with Visnovsky out. The 19 year-old has picked up where he left off last year playing solidly on the blue line. They’ll need a little more from him now.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)