Nov 12, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
OK we’ll call ourselves a jinx on this one. After pointing out earlier today about how Lubomir Visnovsky was having a rough season, we find out from the Ducks that last night’s game ended poorly for him.
Visnovsky will miss the next four weeks with a broken finger suffered in the final shift he played against Vancouver last night. While Anaheim was hoping to see Visnovsky shake off the rough start to his year and get his offense in motion, instead he’ll be taking the next four weeks off. At least he won’t need surgery for the finger.
Now it’ll be up to Cam Fowler to continue showing that he’s capable of leading an offensive attack for the Ducks with Visnovsky out. The 19 year-old has picked up where he left off last year playing solidly on the blue line. They’ll need a little more from him now.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)