Nov 12, 2011, 3:20 PM EST
OK we’ll call ourselves a jinx on this one. After pointing out earlier today about how Lubomir Visnovsky was having a rough season, we find out from the Ducks that last night’s game ended poorly for him.
Visnovsky will miss the next four weeks with a broken finger suffered in the final shift he played against Vancouver last night. While Anaheim was hoping to see Visnovsky shake off the rough start to his year and get his offense in motion, instead he’ll be taking the next four weeks off. At least he won’t need surgery for the finger.
Now it’ll be up to Cam Fowler to continue showing that he’s capable of leading an offensive attack for the Ducks with Visnovsky out. The 19 year-old has picked up where he left off last year playing solidly on the blue line. They’ll need a little more from him now.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)