Nov 12, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
OK we’ll call ourselves a jinx on this one. After pointing out earlier today about how Lubomir Visnovsky was having a rough season, we find out from the Ducks that last night’s game ended poorly for him.
Visnovsky will miss the next four weeks with a broken finger suffered in the final shift he played against Vancouver last night. While Anaheim was hoping to see Visnovsky shake off the rough start to his year and get his offense in motion, instead he’ll be taking the next four weeks off. At least he won’t need surgery for the finger.
Now it’ll be up to Cam Fowler to continue showing that he’s capable of leading an offensive attack for the Ducks with Visnovsky out. The 19 year-old has picked up where he left off last year playing solidly on the blue line. They’ll need a little more from him now.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 93
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (114)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (92)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)