Nov 12, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
OK we’ll call ourselves a jinx on this one. After pointing out earlier today about how Lubomir Visnovsky was having a rough season, we find out from the Ducks that last night’s game ended poorly for him.
Visnovsky will miss the next four weeks with a broken finger suffered in the final shift he played against Vancouver last night. While Anaheim was hoping to see Visnovsky shake off the rough start to his year and get his offense in motion, instead he’ll be taking the next four weeks off. At least he won’t need surgery for the finger.
Now it’ll be up to Cam Fowler to continue showing that he’s capable of leading an offensive attack for the Ducks with Visnovsky out. The 19 year-old has picked up where he left off last year playing solidly on the blue line. They’ll need a little more from him now.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)