Nov 12, 2011, 11:18 PM EST
Well, this Milan Lucic-Ryan Miller situation is about as entertaining as it can get, isn’t it? We already heard Miller’s rather pointed (and potty-mouthed) words toward Lucic, but the guilty party provided his own interesting tidbits.
John Vogl reports that Lucic explained his side of the story as he was traveling at such a speed that it was “pretty hard to put on the breaks.” (I cannot help but imagine that he smirked and winked after saying that, but that’s just me.) That’s intriguing enough, but check out what almost seems like an indictment of the collective manhood of the Buffalo Sabres, also via Vogl:
Paul Gaustad admitted that he was embarrassed about the way he and his teammates reacted to the hit in the immediate moments, but some might say that the most damning bit was the lack of action in the next two periods. Then again, others would argue that the Sabres were wise not to play the Bruins’ game (see: the Montreal-Boston bloodbath from last season).
So what’s your take on Buffalo’s reaction? Were they wise not to fight fire with fire, especially since they don’t have the same kind of firepower? Should they have dropped the mitts once the game was out of reach? Will Lucic be a marked man on Nov. 23? Let us know in the comments.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)