Nov 12, 2011, 11:18 PM EDT
Well, this Milan Lucic–Ryan Miller situation is about as entertaining as it can get, isn’t it? We already heard Miller’s rather pointed (and potty-mouthed) words toward Lucic, but the guilty party provided his own interesting tidbits.
John Vogl reports that Lucic explained his side of the story as he was traveling at such a speed that it was “pretty hard to put on the breaks.” (I cannot help but imagine that he smirked and winked after saying that, but that’s just me.) That’s intriguing enough, but check out what almost seems like an indictment of the collective manhood of the Buffalo Sabres, also via Vogl:
Paul Gaustad admitted that he was embarrassed about the way he and his teammates reacted to the hit in the immediate moments, but some might say that the most damning bit was the lack of action in the next two periods. Then again, others would argue that the Sabres were wise not to play the Bruins’ game (see: the Montreal-Boston bloodbath from last season).
So what’s your take on Buffalo’s reaction? Were they wise not to fight fire with fire, especially since they don’t have the same kind of firepower? Should they have dropped the mitts once the game was out of reach? Will Lucic be a marked man on Nov. 23? Let us know in the comments.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)