Nov 12, 2011, 11:18 PM EDT
Well, this Milan Lucic-Ryan Miller situation is about as entertaining as it can get, isn’t it? We already heard Miller’s rather pointed (and potty-mouthed) words toward Lucic, but the guilty party provided his own interesting tidbits.
John Vogl reports that Lucic explained his side of the story as he was traveling at such a speed that it was “pretty hard to put on the breaks.” (I cannot help but imagine that he smirked and winked after saying that, but that’s just me.) That’s intriguing enough, but check out what almost seems like an indictment of the collective manhood of the Buffalo Sabres, also via Vogl:
Paul Gaustad admitted that he was embarrassed about the way he and his teammates reacted to the hit in the immediate moments, but some might say that the most damning bit was the lack of action in the next two periods. Then again, others would argue that the Sabres were wise not to play the Bruins’ game (see: the Montreal-Boston bloodbath from last season).
So what’s your take on Buffalo’s reaction? Were they wise not to fight fire with fire, especially since they don’t have the same kind of firepower? Should they have dropped the mitts once the game was out of reach? Will Lucic be a marked man on Nov. 23? Let us know in the comments.
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 32
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 14
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Quick gloves a few Sharks
- Play Video: Dustin Brown shaken up after collision
- Play Video: Are the Red Wings a true contender?
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3