Nov 12, 2011, 11:18 PM EST
Well, this Milan Lucic-Ryan Miller situation is about as entertaining as it can get, isn’t it? We already heard Miller’s rather pointed (and potty-mouthed) words toward Lucic, but the guilty party provided his own interesting tidbits.
John Vogl reports that Lucic explained his side of the story as he was traveling at such a speed that it was “pretty hard to put on the breaks.” (I cannot help but imagine that he smirked and winked after saying that, but that’s just me.) That’s intriguing enough, but check out what almost seems like an indictment of the collective manhood of the Buffalo Sabres, also via Vogl:
Paul Gaustad admitted that he was embarrassed about the way he and his teammates reacted to the hit in the immediate moments, but some might say that the most damning bit was the lack of action in the next two periods. Then again, others would argue that the Sabres were wise not to play the Bruins’ game (see: the Montreal-Boston bloodbath from last season).
So what’s your take on Buffalo’s reaction? Were they wise not to fight fire with fire, especially since they don’t have the same kind of firepower? Should they have dropped the mitts once the game was out of reach? Will Lucic be a marked man on Nov. 23? Let us know in the comments.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)