Nov 12, 2011, 11:18 PM EDT
Well, this Milan Lucic-Ryan Miller situation is about as entertaining as it can get, isn’t it? We already heard Miller’s rather pointed (and potty-mouthed) words toward Lucic, but the guilty party provided his own interesting tidbits.
John Vogl reports that Lucic explained his side of the story as he was traveling at such a speed that it was “pretty hard to put on the breaks.” (I cannot help but imagine that he smirked and winked after saying that, but that’s just me.) That’s intriguing enough, but check out what almost seems like an indictment of the collective manhood of the Buffalo Sabres, also via Vogl:
Paul Gaustad admitted that he was embarrassed about the way he and his teammates reacted to the hit in the immediate moments, but some might say that the most damning bit was the lack of action in the next two periods. Then again, others would argue that the Sabres were wise not to play the Bruins’ game (see: the Montreal-Boston bloodbath from last season).
So what’s your take on Buffalo’s reaction? Were they wise not to fight fire with fire, especially since they don’t have the same kind of firepower? Should they have dropped the mitts once the game was out of reach? Will Lucic be a marked man on Nov. 23? Let us know in the comments.
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 0
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 27
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)