Nov 12, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
The ongoing battle between being injured and Mike Green rages on and finds that being injured is going to win out once again. Green left last night’s game with a new ailment after taking a hit from New Jersey’s Ryan Carter and now he’ll be out of tonight’s game against the Devils because of it.
Green’s frustrations with injuries have been tough for the Caps to get a handle on and being without your top defenseman puts a hurt on any team. For the Caps, playing without Mike Green has been more normal than irregular dating back to last season. Being without him hasn’t hurt the Caps on the ice but they’d be a whole lot better with him out there than not.
As for how long he might be out, Bruce Boudreau isn’t giving away anything saying that Green is just out for tonight. We’ll see.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)