Nov 12, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
The ongoing battle between being injured and Mike Green rages on and finds that being injured is going to win out once again. Green left last night’s game with a new ailment after taking a hit from New Jersey’s Ryan Carter and now he’ll be out of tonight’s game against the Devils because of it.
Green’s frustrations with injuries have been tough for the Caps to get a handle on and being without your top defenseman puts a hurt on any team. For the Caps, playing without Mike Green has been more normal than irregular dating back to last season. Being without him hasn’t hurt the Caps on the ice but they’d be a whole lot better with him out there than not.
As for how long he might be out, Bruce Boudreau isn’t giving away anything saying that Green is just out for tonight. We’ll see.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 21
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)