Nov 12, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
The ongoing battle between being injured and Mike Green rages on and finds that being injured is going to win out once again. Green left last night’s game with a new ailment after taking a hit from New Jersey’s Ryan Carter and now he’ll be out of tonight’s game against the Devils because of it.
Green’s frustrations with injuries have been tough for the Caps to get a handle on and being without your top defenseman puts a hurt on any team. For the Caps, playing without Mike Green has been more normal than irregular dating back to last season. Being without him hasn’t hurt the Caps on the ice but they’d be a whole lot better with him out there than not.
As for how long he might be out, Bruce Boudreau isn’t giving away anything saying that Green is just out for tonight. We’ll see.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)