Nov 12, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
The ongoing battle between being injured and Mike Green rages on and finds that being injured is going to win out once again. Green left last night’s game with a new ailment after taking a hit from New Jersey’s Ryan Carter and now he’ll be out of tonight’s game against the Devils because of it.
Green’s frustrations with injuries have been tough for the Caps to get a handle on and being without your top defenseman puts a hurt on any team. For the Caps, playing without Mike Green has been more normal than irregular dating back to last season. Being without him hasn’t hurt the Caps on the ice but they’d be a whole lot better with him out there than not.
As for how long he might be out, Bruce Boudreau isn’t giving away anything saying that Green is just out for tonight. We’ll see.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)