Nov 12, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
The ongoing battle between being injured and Mike Green rages on and finds that being injured is going to win out once again. Green left last night’s game with a new ailment after taking a hit from New Jersey’s Ryan Carter and now he’ll be out of tonight’s game against the Devils because of it.
Green’s frustrations with injuries have been tough for the Caps to get a handle on and being without your top defenseman puts a hurt on any team. For the Caps, playing without Mike Green has been more normal than irregular dating back to last season. Being without him hasn’t hurt the Caps on the ice but they’d be a whole lot better with him out there than not.
As for how long he might be out, Bruce Boudreau isn’t giving away anything saying that Green is just out for tonight. We’ll see.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)