Nov 12, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Milan Lucic‘s check on Ryan Miller was already bad enough in a vacuum, but if injuries factor into punishments, then the odds of a suspension just went up. Jhonas Enroth replaced Miller in the third period because he’s dealing with an “upper-body injury,” according to John Vogl.
I hate to throw the “C” word out here, but is it crazy to wonder if that “upper-body injury” is a concussion? As you may remember, Enroth heroically rode into Buffalo toward the end of last season after Miller was forced to miss the Sabres’ desperate playoff run with what was eventually revealed as a concussion.
Naturally, we’ll keep our eyes peeled for updates, although NHL teams aren’t exactly the most forthcoming folks when it comes to injury transparency. (See: the Sabres and Miller last season.) The one silver lining is that Enroth is playing outstanding hockey right now, so it might not be a disaster even if it is a serious injury.
OK, it might be less of a disaster. Anyway, stay tuned for more news about his condition; hopefully Miller’s just dealing with a sore neck or something that’s easier to rehab.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)