Nov 12, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Milan Lucic‘s check on Ryan Miller was already bad enough in a vacuum, but if injuries factor into punishments, then the odds of a suspension just went up. Jhonas Enroth replaced Miller in the third period because he’s dealing with an “upper-body injury,” according to John Vogl.
I hate to throw the “C” word out here, but is it crazy to wonder if that “upper-body injury” is a concussion? As you may remember, Enroth heroically rode into Buffalo toward the end of last season after Miller was forced to miss the Sabres’ desperate playoff run with what was eventually revealed as a concussion.
Naturally, we’ll keep our eyes peeled for updates, although NHL teams aren’t exactly the most forthcoming folks when it comes to injury transparency. (See: the Sabres and Miller last season.) The one silver lining is that Enroth is playing outstanding hockey right now, so it might not be a disaster even if it is a serious injury.
OK, it might be less of a disaster. Anyway, stay tuned for more news about his condition; hopefully Miller’s just dealing with a sore neck or something that’s easier to rehab.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 4
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)