Nov 12, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Milan Lucic‘s check on Ryan Miller was already bad enough in a vacuum, but if injuries factor into punishments, then the odds of a suspension just went up. Jhonas Enroth replaced Miller in the third period because he’s dealing with an “upper-body injury,” according to John Vogl.
I hate to throw the “C” word out here, but is it crazy to wonder if that “upper-body injury” is a concussion? As you may remember, Enroth heroically rode into Buffalo toward the end of last season after Miller was forced to miss the Sabres’ desperate playoff run with what was eventually revealed as a concussion.
Naturally, we’ll keep our eyes peeled for updates, although NHL teams aren’t exactly the most forthcoming folks when it comes to injury transparency. (See: the Sabres and Miller last season.) The one silver lining is that Enroth is playing outstanding hockey right now, so it might not be a disaster even if it is a serious injury.
OK, it might be less of a disaster. Anyway, stay tuned for more news about his condition; hopefully Miller’s just dealing with a sore neck or something that’s easier to rehab.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (56)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)