Nov 12, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Milan Lucic‘s check on Ryan Miller was already bad enough in a vacuum, but if injuries factor into punishments, then the odds of a suspension just went up. Jhonas Enroth replaced Miller in the third period because he’s dealing with an “upper-body injury,” according to John Vogl.
I hate to throw the “C” word out here, but is it crazy to wonder if that “upper-body injury” is a concussion? As you may remember, Enroth heroically rode into Buffalo toward the end of last season after Miller was forced to miss the Sabres’ desperate playoff run with what was eventually revealed as a concussion.
Naturally, we’ll keep our eyes peeled for updates, although NHL teams aren’t exactly the most forthcoming folks when it comes to injury transparency. (See: the Sabres and Miller last season.) The one silver lining is that Enroth is playing outstanding hockey right now, so it might not be a disaster even if it is a serious injury.
OK, it might be less of a disaster. Anyway, stay tuned for more news about his condition; hopefully Miller’s just dealing with a sore neck or something that’s easier to rehab.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)