Nov 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EST
Hagman’s play in Calgary since coming over in the Dion Phaneuf trade has been less-than inspiring. In parts of three seasons now in Calgary, Hagman has scored a total of 17 goals and has just one goal and three assists this season. He was just sent down to the AHL earlier this week and about the only guy less impressive than him in Calgary is Matthew Stajan.
Yeah, that Phaneuf trade didn’t work out so hot for Calgary.
Hagman’s been playing third and fourth line minutes in Calgary so it’s tough to say what he’s really got to offer for teams other than potential rabid disappointment. At nearly 32 years-old Hagman isn’t too old and could benefit from a change in scenery. That’s a big “if” though.
We’ll find out at noon on Monday whether someone put a claim in on Hagman. With the likelihood of that being slim, GM Jay Feaster will have to find another way to lose money off the Flames’ salary cap.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)