Nov 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Hagman’s play in Calgary since coming over in the Dion Phaneuf trade has been less-than inspiring. In parts of three seasons now in Calgary, Hagman has scored a total of 17 goals and has just one goal and three assists this season. He was just sent down to the AHL earlier this week and about the only guy less impressive than him in Calgary is Matthew Stajan.
Yeah, that Phaneuf trade didn’t work out so hot for Calgary.
Hagman’s been playing third and fourth line minutes in Calgary so it’s tough to say what he’s really got to offer for teams other than potential rabid disappointment. At nearly 32 years-old Hagman isn’t too old and could benefit from a change in scenery. That’s a big “if” though.
We’ll find out at noon on Monday whether someone put a claim in on Hagman. With the likelihood of that being slim, GM Jay Feaster will have to find another way to lose money off the Flames’ salary cap.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 4
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 3
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 28
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 102
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36