Nov 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Hagman’s play in Calgary since coming over in the Dion Phaneuf trade has been less-than inspiring. In parts of three seasons now in Calgary, Hagman has scored a total of 17 goals and has just one goal and three assists this season. He was just sent down to the AHL earlier this week and about the only guy less impressive than him in Calgary is Matthew Stajan.
Yeah, that Phaneuf trade didn’t work out so hot for Calgary.
Hagman’s been playing third and fourth line minutes in Calgary so it’s tough to say what he’s really got to offer for teams other than potential rabid disappointment. At nearly 32 years-old Hagman isn’t too old and could benefit from a change in scenery. That’s a big “if” though.
We’ll find out at noon on Monday whether someone put a claim in on Hagman. With the likelihood of that being slim, GM Jay Feaster will have to find another way to lose money off the Flames’ salary cap.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)