Nov 12, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
Remember last season when Lubomir Visnovsky was some expert’s sneaky pick to be a Norris Trophy winner? It’s OK Mike Milbury, we remembered that. It was a creative choice and one that had merit considering how strong of an offensive season Visnovsky had for the Ducks. Seeing a defenseman put up 18 goals and 68 points is nothing short of amazing.
This season has been nothing short of a disaster for the Slovakian. He’s got one goal, three assists, and is a -7 on defense. Yuck. The Ducks have had a rough stretch before beating Vancouver last night and coach Randy Carlyle tells Eric Stephens of the OC Register that he wants Visnovsky to just chill out.
“I think he’s attacking the blue line way, way too much,” Coach Randy Carlyle said. “He’s taking too many chances. He’s trying to do too much and not letting the game develop and come to him.
“We’ve went over some of the examples of that.”
The Ducks need Visnovsky to get it together. Their power play has been rough and they desperately need his offensive contributions in all facets of the game. No Lubo means no love for the Ducks as a threat in the West.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)