Nov 12, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
Remember last season when Lubomir Visnovsky was some expert’s sneaky pick to be a Norris Trophy winner? It’s OK Mike Milbury, we remembered that. It was a creative choice and one that had merit considering how strong of an offensive season Visnovsky had for the Ducks. Seeing a defenseman put up 18 goals and 68 points is nothing short of amazing.
This season has been nothing short of a disaster for the Slovakian. He’s got one goal, three assists, and is a -7 on defense. Yuck. The Ducks have had a rough stretch before beating Vancouver last night and coach Randy Carlyle tells Eric Stephens of the OC Register that he wants Visnovsky to just chill out.
“I think he’s attacking the blue line way, way too much,” Coach Randy Carlyle said. “He’s taking too many chances. He’s trying to do too much and not letting the game develop and come to him.
“We’ve went over some of the examples of that.”
The Ducks need Visnovsky to get it together. Their power play has been rough and they desperately need his offensive contributions in all facets of the game. No Lubo means no love for the Ducks as a threat in the West.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)