Nov 12, 2011, 10:34 AM EST
Remember last season when Lubomir Visnovsky was some expert’s sneaky pick to be a Norris Trophy winner? It’s OK Mike Milbury, we remembered that. It was a creative choice and one that had merit considering how strong of an offensive season Visnovsky had for the Ducks. Seeing a defenseman put up 18 goals and 68 points is nothing short of amazing.
This season has been nothing short of a disaster for the Slovakian. He’s got one goal, three assists, and is a -7 on defense. Yuck. The Ducks have had a rough stretch before beating Vancouver last night and coach Randy Carlyle tells Eric Stephens of the OC Register that he wants Visnovsky to just chill out.
“I think he’s attacking the blue line way, way too much,” Coach Randy Carlyle said. “He’s taking too many chances. He’s trying to do too much and not letting the game develop and come to him.
“We’ve went over some of the examples of that.”
The Ducks need Visnovsky to get it together. Their power play has been rough and they desperately need his offensive contributions in all facets of the game. No Lubo means no love for the Ducks as a threat in the West.
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 0
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 14
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 27
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 31
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 31
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 32
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)