Nov 11, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports via Twitter that “no further trades are imminent” for the Blue Jackets; however, “they are in talks that could lead to further moves.”
Portzline also tweets, “The fact that GM Scott Howson is in driver’s seat making deals can be seen as an indication that management is still firmly behind him.”
Unfortunately, the trade failed to address the Jackets’ biggest problem: goaltending. Howson needs to find a replacement for Steve Mason, and he needs to find one yesterday.
A month ago even.
Mason surrendered six goals in last night’s 6-3 loss to the Blackhawks, pushing his save percentage down to .866.
No truth to the rumor Howson has been seen racing around a mall parking lot in a DeLorean.
But he should consider it.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20