Nov 11, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports via Twitter that “no further trades are imminent” for the Blue Jackets; however, “they are in talks that could lead to further moves.”
Portzline also tweets, “The fact that GM Scott Howson is in driver’s seat making deals can be seen as an indication that management is still firmly behind him.”
Unfortunately, the trade failed to address the Jackets’ biggest problem: goaltending. Howson needs to find a replacement for Steve Mason, and he needs to find one yesterday.
A month ago even.
Mason surrendered six goals in last night’s 6-3 loss to the Blackhawks, pushing his save percentage down to .866.
No truth to the rumor Howson has been seen racing around a mall parking lot in a DeLorean.
But he should consider it.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 6
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 75
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)