Nov 11, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports via Twitter that “no further trades are imminent” for the Blue Jackets; however, “they are in talks that could lead to further moves.”
Portzline also tweets, “The fact that GM Scott Howson is in driver’s seat making deals can be seen as an indication that management is still firmly behind him.”
Unfortunately, the trade failed to address the Jackets’ biggest problem: goaltending. Howson needs to find a replacement for Steve Mason, and he needs to find one yesterday.
A month ago even.
Mason surrendered six goals in last night’s 6-3 loss to the Blackhawks, pushing his save percentage down to .866.
No truth to the rumor Howson has been seen racing around a mall parking lot in a DeLorean.
But he should consider it.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 8
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 3
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)