Nov 11, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports via Twitter that “no further trades are imminent” for the Blue Jackets; however, “they are in talks that could lead to further moves.”
Portzline also tweets, “The fact that GM Scott Howson is in driver’s seat making deals can be seen as an indication that management is still firmly behind him.”
Unfortunately, the trade failed to address the Jackets’ biggest problem: goaltending. Howson needs to find a replacement for Steve Mason, and he needs to find one yesterday.
A month ago even.
Mason surrendered six goals in last night’s 6-3 loss to the Blackhawks, pushing his save percentage down to .866.
No truth to the rumor Howson has been seen racing around a mall parking lot in a DeLorean.
But he should consider it.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)