Nov 11, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports via Twitter that “no further trades are imminent” for the Blue Jackets; however, “they are in talks that could lead to further moves.”
Portzline also tweets, “The fact that GM Scott Howson is in driver’s seat making deals can be seen as an indication that management is still firmly behind him.”
Unfortunately, the trade failed to address the Jackets’ biggest problem: goaltending. Howson needs to find a replacement for Steve Mason, and he needs to find one yesterday.
A month ago even.
Mason surrendered six goals in last night’s 6-3 loss to the Blackhawks, pushing his save percentage down to .866.
No truth to the rumor Howson has been seen racing around a mall parking lot in a DeLorean.
But he should consider it.
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)