Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk‘s lower body injury is going to keep him out of action for the Devils’ home-and-home set with the Capitals.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer confirmed today that Kovalchuk will miss tonight and tomorrow’s games with his leg injury and that while it’s tough that he’s out now, they want to make sure he can keep it going in the long run. Vladimir Zharkov was called up to take his place in the lineup.
Kovalchuk’s absence also means we’ll get to potentially miss out on another fun post-game chucklefest between him, Alex Semin and Alex Ovechkin. Last year the two were able to get Bruce Boudreau’s feathers all ruffled by having a loud laugh after a game that saw the Devils roll over the Caps.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)