Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 AM EST
Ilya Kovalchuk‘s lower body injury is going to keep him out of action for the Devils’ home-and-home set with the Capitals.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer confirmed today that Kovalchuk will miss tonight and tomorrow’s games with his leg injury and that while it’s tough that he’s out now, they want to make sure he can keep it going in the long run. Vladimir Zharkov was called up to take his place in the lineup.
Kovalchuk’s absence also means we’ll get to potentially miss out on another fun post-game chucklefest between him, Alex Semin and Alex Ovechkin. Last year the two were able to get Bruce Boudreau’s feathers all ruffled by having a loud laugh after a game that saw the Devils roll over the Caps.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 2
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)