Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk‘s lower body injury is going to keep him out of action for the Devils’ home-and-home set with the Capitals.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer confirmed today that Kovalchuk will miss tonight and tomorrow’s games with his leg injury and that while it’s tough that he’s out now, they want to make sure he can keep it going in the long run. Vladimir Zharkov was called up to take his place in the lineup.
Kovalchuk’s absence also means we’ll get to potentially miss out on another fun post-game chucklefest between him, Alex Semin and Alex Ovechkin. Last year the two were able to get Bruce Boudreau’s feathers all ruffled by having a loud laugh after a game that saw the Devils roll over the Caps.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)