Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk‘s lower body injury is going to keep him out of action for the Devils’ home-and-home set with the Capitals.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer confirmed today that Kovalchuk will miss tonight and tomorrow’s games with his leg injury and that while it’s tough that he’s out now, they want to make sure he can keep it going in the long run. Vladimir Zharkov was called up to take his place in the lineup.
Kovalchuk’s absence also means we’ll get to potentially miss out on another fun post-game chucklefest between him, Alex Semin and Alex Ovechkin. Last year the two were able to get Bruce Boudreau’s feathers all ruffled by having a loud laugh after a game that saw the Devils roll over the Caps.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 129
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 23
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 23
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (128)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)