Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk‘s lower body injury is going to keep him out of action for the Devils’ home-and-home set with the Capitals.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer confirmed today that Kovalchuk will miss tonight and tomorrow’s games with his leg injury and that while it’s tough that he’s out now, they want to make sure he can keep it going in the long run. Vladimir Zharkov was called up to take his place in the lineup.
Kovalchuk’s absence also means we’ll get to potentially miss out on another fun post-game chucklefest between him, Alex Semin and Alex Ovechkin. Last year the two were able to get Bruce Boudreau’s feathers all ruffled by having a loud laugh after a game that saw the Devils roll over the Caps.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51