Nov 11, 2011, 8:47 PM EDT
It was Alex Goligoski’s first game in Pittsburgh since he was dealt from the Penguins to Dallas last season. These are supposed to be happy homecomings, right? In Goligoski’s case, he’ll have to wait until next time for the happy homecoming. The Stars announced in the second period that their minute-eating defenseman had suffered an upper-body injury and will be out for the rest of the game.
The 11-3 Dallas Stars haven’t had much negative news this season, but losing Goligoski would be a big blow to the Western Conference leaders. The Stars are leaning on the defenseman to play big time minutes as a shutdown blueliner as well as an offensive defenseman this year.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, fellow defenseman Marc Fistric took a puck in the face/throat and was forced to leave the game as well. If Fistric is unable to return to the game, the Stars will be forced to play the rest of the game with only four defensemen.
We’ll keep you updated as more details emerge about both injuries.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 3
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 14
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)