Nov 11, 2011, 8:47 PM EDT
It was Alex Goligoski’s first game in Pittsburgh since he was dealt from the Penguins to Dallas last season. These are supposed to be happy homecomings, right? In Goligoski’s case, he’ll have to wait until next time for the happy homecoming. The Stars announced in the second period that their minute-eating defenseman had suffered an upper-body injury and will be out for the rest of the game.
The 11-3 Dallas Stars haven’t had much negative news this season, but losing Goligoski would be a big blow to the Western Conference leaders. The Stars are leaning on the defenseman to play big time minutes as a shutdown blueliner as well as an offensive defenseman this year.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, fellow defenseman Marc Fistric took a puck in the face/throat and was forced to leave the game as well. If Fistric is unable to return to the game, the Stars will be forced to play the rest of the game with only four defensemen.
We’ll keep you updated as more details emerge about both injuries.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20