Nov 11, 2011, 8:47 PM EST
It was Alex Goligoski’s first game in Pittsburgh since he was dealt from the Penguins to Dallas last season. These are supposed to be happy homecomings, right? In Goligoski’s case, he’ll have to wait until next time for the happy homecoming. The Stars announced in the second period that their minute-eating defenseman had suffered an upper-body injury and will be out for the rest of the game.
The 11-3 Dallas Stars haven’t had much negative news this season, but losing Goligoski would be a big blow to the Western Conference leaders. The Stars are leaning on the defenseman to play big time minutes as a shutdown blueliner as well as an offensive defenseman this year.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, fellow defenseman Marc Fistric took a puck in the face/throat and was forced to leave the game as well. If Fistric is unable to return to the game, the Stars will be forced to play the rest of the game with only four defensemen.
We’ll keep you updated as more details emerge about both injuries.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35