Nov 11, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Green has missed the last six games with a sprained ankle. The Caps struggled in his absence, posting a 2-4-0 record.
Tonight’s game is the first of a home-and-home between the teams. They’ll play again tomorrow at the Verizon Center.
The Caps should be the more desperate side tonight. On Wednesday, coach Bruce Boudreau skated them into the ice at practice as punishment for Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Dallas at the Verizon Center.
Alex Semin might also want to stay out of the penalty box.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)