Nov 11, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Green has missed the last six games with a sprained ankle. The Caps struggled in his absence, posting a 2-4-0 record.
Tonight’s game is the first of a home-and-home between the teams. They’ll play again tomorrow at the Verizon Center.
The Caps should be the more desperate side tonight. On Wednesday, coach Bruce Boudreau skated them into the ice at practice as punishment for Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Dallas at the Verizon Center.
Alex Semin might also want to stay out of the penalty box.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)