Nov 11, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
Green has missed the last six games with a sprained ankle. The Caps struggled in his absence, posting a 2-4-0 record.
Tonight’s game is the first of a home-and-home between the teams. They’ll play again tomorrow at the Verizon Center.
The Caps should be the more desperate side tonight. On Wednesday, coach Bruce Boudreau skated them into the ice at practice as punishment for Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Dallas at the Verizon Center.
Alex Semin might also want to stay out of the penalty box.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)