Nov 11, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
Green has missed the last six games with a sprained ankle. The Caps struggled in his absence, posting a 2-4-0 record.
Tonight’s game is the first of a home-and-home between the teams. They’ll play again tomorrow at the Verizon Center.
The Caps should be the more desperate side tonight. On Wednesday, coach Bruce Boudreau skated them into the ice at practice as punishment for Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Dallas at the Verizon Center.
Alex Semin might also want to stay out of the penalty box.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)